Familiar territory

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by max0718, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I posted a while back (July I think), and since then I was put on new medication by my psych. It worked beautifully for the first 2 months, but now I can feel myself starting to slip back into that spiral of self-doubt and depression. I have had a few suicide thoughts again (not too intense but thats how it started the previous time). I don't know quite what to do.. The thing is my parents just started to believe that things are looking up for me, and I don't want to worry them again with all these feelings. Then again I know keeping it all in is not very good either. I'm becoming less and less productive each day, not that I can't concentrate, but I can't seem to motivate myself anymore. What do you guys do when you feel yourself sinking into a depression?

2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Revisit your psych. and forget about "disappointing" anybody. Priorities, Max. Priorities.

3. max0718

Thanx ToHelp,

the thing with that is, I'm not sure yet whether it is the start of a new depressive episode or whether it's just a bad few weeks. The meds i'm on at the moment are the first that really did anything so i'm reluctant to have it changed.. I also don't really want to alarm anyone before its necessary.. They have been so supportive and I can see what it has done to my parents.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Max,
    I'm sure your parents would rather you talk to them instead of commiting suicide. The deeper you slide in to depression the less you communicate because you don't care about anything. Give your parents some credit,They stuck by your side the last time. Good Luck!!:chopper:!!

5. max0718

Thanx for the advice Stranger1. I guess I'll give it a few days and if my condition worsens, I'll try and tell someone. Just cant believe I'm heading down this path again after its gone so well for 2 months.. But I suppose I can at least be thankful for these 2 months..

6. 643921

643921 Active Member

If you're feeling like that again then it isn't your fault, go back to your psych and tell them. Also if your parents have stuck by you all this time I doubt they are going to leave now, they will want to be as supportive as they can if you feel you can talk to them you should since you've done it before. :hug: You're more than welcome to talk to me too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.