family as a reason to stay alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymike

Does anyone ever think that the only reason why they won't commit suicide is to not cause distress to their family?
I do. It's a very depressing reason to stay alive.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
my family is one of the reasons i fight the urge to commit suicide. another is i believe in god and i'm afraid of hell. another and the most compelling is what will i miss if i commit suicide. i have many reasons to want to ctb but if i do i have no chance of future happiness. so i keep fighting. and with constant pain and illness it just takes a little joy to tip the scale to make me happy. like today when i enter the car show. i'm still suffering but this one thing will cheer me up for a month. so basically family and other reasons to stay alive help but people should stay alive to seek a better life. if anyone wants to talk leave a message in my inbox...mike...*hug

GMody

@1964dodge but what if the illness is chronic and consumes you all the time. Left with no option suicide becomes the only solution. Yes our deaths will leave our families devastated. May be time will heal the wounds. Every alternate days, here in India, in newspaper suicide incidents reported. They are due to depression, financial prob, marital discord.

mightymike

I don’t have children but I have parents and siblings. They do need me. Sometimes I wish I could just die in a car accident or something so that the ‘work is done for me’.

Wispiwill

There have been times when knowing what it would do to my kid was what stopped me. That and I'm afraid of what comes next. I'm terrified that it's more of the same but without even the hope of death as a way out. That's what's kept me here.

Jezah81

Im worried about my brothers mental health as he already witnessed my mother's suicide. Its the only reason I haven't done it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00