Family Day

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bigman2232, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

So today is the first year having a new holiday here in Canada called Family Day. They said it's so people have a day where they can be with there family but the truth is it's just to add a day off in the month of February.

AND it's fucking pissing me off. Not only am I stuck alone at school but now everything is closed. I have no food, nothing to do and no one around to keep me distracted. Add to that, I already had the week off from school so this fucking day gives me nothing but aggravation.

February really has turned into Hell month. V-day was annoying but I can ignore it. Reading week just causes more chaos and trouble than it alleviates. My Bday just shows how much my life sucks. My cousins Bday focuses the contradiction between his and my life. Now add a useless day to all of that.

Yay, not only do you suck cause you're single but you don't have a family so nahnahnahnah.

I wanted to do groceries, go to the mall, just do something. Oh well guess I'll just get drunk and maybe break something.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Here it's being called Loius Riel Day. But no matter what you call it, it's just a holiday for government employees. The rest of us poor saps have another cold frickin day to sit at home and realize how shit everything is. Thanks Mr. Harper!!!!

3. Hey - more Canajuns!

Actually, I saw a Postie delivering mail this aft - WHAT?? They get EVERY holiday and THEN some! :huh:

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You can't blame Harper for Family Day. This blunder was the work of Premier McGuinty.

5. Bigman2232

Only if you're in Ontario. Some other provinces have it due to federal or their on provincial officials.

Besides, blaming something on Harper is usually a safe bet. Just like blaming Bush, his puppet master.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'd vote for Harper any day over Stephen Dion. Now if the NDP and Liberals joined parties and made Jack Layton the leader, I'd vote for the 'New Liberal Party.' It's a long shot, but it's thier only chance in defeating the Conservatives.

7. Bigman2232

Why don't you just vote NDP in the first place. If it wasn't for all the old people who think there is only 2 parties and their kids who just vote what their parents do, I think they'd win. They can't screw up any worse than what the others have.

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Shit, stick any single mom who is on an extremely tight budget in there and you'd have a country by God!!!

9. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

I don't really mind it...it's a paid day off for me. If i were a student and everything was closed, then i'd be mad, but i work full time, so i'm ok with it