Family - Justified?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Saoirse, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saoirse

Saoirse Guest

Like people here thoughts of suicide constantly plague my mind, day and night.

Now there are many reasons as to why we haven't actually commited suicide from being cowardly (or brave however you wish to see it), some small glimmer of hope to get better, maybe you were caught on your last attempt and haven't attempted since or maybe the guilt of hurting your family from your suicide is too much guilt to carry through with the act, like what happens with me.

But not wanting to hurt my family, is that truly a justified reason. I mean if they aren't caused pain by me commiting suicide then it's me that's the one in pain from not ending my life. From that thinking I'd be called selfish which is true I guess but then wouldn't it be safe to say that my family is selfish in not wanting me to be happy? Ok for one group to be selfish but not another?

There really is no point to this thread I guess, I thought there was when I decided to write it but there isn't. Just more rambling I had to write down.

2. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

It's always good to write things down, it gets it out of your head and more out in the open.
    I think about that a lot too, if it would be selfish for me to cause that pain to my family and then sometimes it hurts to be alive like that.
    I think that it is a justified reason not to kill yourself, because it sounds like your family loves and cares for you so much and they want you to see this through to a better time.
    stay safe

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I agree, that's a good outlet. :hug: If you need someone to talk to or to listen, I'm here hun. :hug: Hang in there and stay safe hun.

xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.