Family making it worse

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by schniffy, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schniffy

schniffy Member

I wish I never told my dad and sister about my feeling's.
    I was hoping to get some sort of sympathy but all they do is yell at me calling me a selfish bastard.
    I don't see them they live far away we only communicate through email and maybe once a month on the phone.
    Anybody else had the same sort of thing happening ?
    I am so glad I met some people on here that have compassion. I need to get to work and hate the thought of coming home tonight to this empty horrible place.
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Suicide is a horrible thing for any family members to have to face. It is incredibly scary for them.

They reacted badly, yes, but try to remember that anger is a cover emotion and covers things like fear, confusion, ignorance, sadness, things like that, and hopefully with time they may be able to act differently (depending on the reasons).

I hope you have a good day at work. Can you plan something nice for tonight? Or maybe make a thread on here or somewhere so that you can come back and check the replies or something?
  3. peacegirl

peacegirl Well-Known Member

Schniffy, it is good that you told your dad and your sister about your feelings even if you don't get the response you want. It will come in time, trust me. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.