Family Therapy?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PiecesMended, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

So my therapist thinks that it would be a good idea to start family therapy. I beg to differ!
    Have any of you had to have family therapy? How did it go? Should I take a whack at it or steer clear?

Bearing in mind that one of my brothers won't even step foot in a coucillors office. He hates them with a burning passion.
  2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Why not give it a try, me and my H went to a few sessions and it didnt hurt anything and I did learn alot because therapist know how to get answers out that really I just forget to ask.
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

We had family therapy once my mom and dad's divorce was finalized... I was only 4 or 5 back then though, so I don't remember it at all.

My sister told me that it was embarrassing (she was 10 back then) and stopped going to therapy; even though she's needed it for a long time-- up until this past year. Now she sees the office therapist daily to help her manage her stress.

It can be very good or just cause more stress, I take it.
    It all depends on the circumstances surrounding the therapy.
  4. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

def try it
  5. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Absolutely try it. It helps to have a neutral presence in the room to find a middle ground, and often to say the words you feel that you cannot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.