Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by MoAnamCara, Nov 10, 2013.

1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I'm so upset. Not sleeping right atm so up at all hours yet again. I wake to this lovely msg from a family member....they are traveling 3500 miles to visit somewhere..... But nothing about the remaining 150 miles to visit me....

There was an invite to join them, but ? Is my thinking really screwed up on this one...??? They know what's happened in my life in the last couple of years.... I don't know, perhaps I am overreacting but I feel like a pile of poop.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You aren't overreacting at all...there's no reason why they can't take the 150 mile drive to see you. I don't understand why people think it's ok to just disregard other peoples feelings like this. Sorry you have to deal with this crap, but you really don't deserve it.
  3. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks witty... I have to be careful and question my feelings about things as sometimes I can see things sideways! It's nothing new, they've done this before, but I hadn't lost my nearest and dearest at that time. Funny how you think people might think about those circumstances, but clearly they don't. And that's probably okay, it's not their life. But it still hurts.
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

if your thinking is "screwed up" then so is mine. Because my first question when reading about this was "why is that family member not going to see Mo"? I think its twisted thinking on the part of the family member. Sometimes family dynamics are so horrible. They treat strangers better than members of their own family. I think that somehow you escaped this twisted pattern. But changing the pattern doesnt mean thatyou avoid getting slammed by those who choose to remain in this pattern. Just my thought. :hug:
  5. G.M.

G.M. Banned Member

Your not overreacting. It is a douchebag move right there. Is it a close family member? Take in to consideration that this person, knowing what's going on in your life, might not know how to deal with you and your issues. Thus they just choose to close their eyes. Out of mind, out of sight. Still a douchebag move thou.
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

My thanks to you both. :flowers:
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you tell your family or question them to as why they will not be visiting you at the same time Your thinking as said is not screwed up hun hugs to you
  8. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks TE but I think sometimes it's better to let sleeping dogs lie.
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, there. I'm sorry you've hurt. Family can be dense sometimes. It makes very little sense why they wouldn't come the 150 more miles to see you. Can't they all fit in one vehicle? Couldn't they take a plane, train, or bus? Grrr.

Sometimes people try to draw others away from the place of their pain - a "change of scene might help her" mentality. I'm hoping that is how they're thinking since they did invite you to meet up with them. (But I can see that it would be even more reasonable for them to pick you up and go somewhere.)

Family. Yup. :arms:
  10. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Thanks, I think I'm just being stupid about this and silly. I think that it's obv me that's the issue and it always has been. Ironically as a child I was attractive for family members usage. I do not want to be here any more.