Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by faithgone, Mar 10, 2014.

1. faithgone

faithgone Member

I am not really sure where to post this thread, so I am just choosing at random.

I am adopted. I am the youngest of five kids, all adopted. My adoptive mom and dad have been the only parents I ever knew. I was placed with them straight from the hospital after I was born. I always knew I was adopted, and my parents told me the stories about my birthparents that they remembered. I have been noticing a lot of similarities between my niece and her mother and my other sister (my two sisters are half-sisters- they have the same birthmother). She seems to have hyperactivity like her aunt and anger issues like her mother. This got me to wondering about who I am like. I don't know a lot about my biological family. I sent a letter to DCF requesting the paperwork from my file so I could find out a little more about my birthparents. I got the papers in the mail yesterday. I wasn't planning on being alone when I got them, but that's how it turned out. I read through them and I was crying the first couple times. I read through the paperwork about 10 times. My mother had severe anger issues and it seems my father did too. They didn't get along very well- it seems like they were only together because of me. I found out a lot about my father that I didn't know- his first 4 wives died and 3 of his children died as well. My mother was his sixth wife. He was 50 and my Ma was 19 when I was born. I knew both my parents had alcohol issues, but it kinda kicked me in the gut when I read that my mother didn't even try to quit alcohol until the month before I was born- she was drinking pretty much the whole time she was pregnant with me. I don't really know who to talk about this with, but it's really overwhelming me at the moment, so I'm posting it on here.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi faith it must have been so hard to read about your birth parents Your birth mother well alcoholism is a very hard hard thing to get control of and it seems she did try at the end she did
    I think the ones to talk to about what you read would be your true parents the ones that raised you and love you ok You talk to them about what you read and they will help you to understand that some people are just not in a good place to be a parent I am glad you were adopted to a loving family hugs to you