fantasies - trigger

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by wasted99, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wasted99

wasted99 Member

I'm new to this whole board, but I figured I'd just post what I've been feeling anyway.. I hope I'm following the rules and this is allowed..

In the past I've only ever cut my thighs because I knew it was the only place people wouldn't see.. but that has become unsatisfactory to me. I've been having fantasies of cutting up other body parts.. like I want to take a razor and go around the border of my whole face.. I know I can't do that. It's totally unreasonable and everyone would see and know what I've done and probably think I'm insane.. The cravings to do this get stronger all the time, though. I'd also like to cut horizontally on my cheeks and chin and forehead.. I'm worried the cravings to do this will become stronger than my will to hold off.
  2. kim 13

kim 13 Member

if you don't do that really then it's not so bad,but please don't do that because it is not good!try to do something else when you have these thoughts!have you any hobbies?if yes,then do them and then you won't think about it sweety!
    kim 13
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Be very careful on your thighs!!! The femoral artery is there and if you cut that you will die in about 2 minutes! Please stop.
  4. Thanks for the advice. :biggrin:
  5. Ella

Ella Well-Known Member

I have fantasies about cutting my face a lot, and I'm also scared that one day I will just do it. Just remember that there is absolutely no way to hide cuts on your face, unless you're Zorro, and scars on your face will remind you for the rest of your life, everytime you look into a mirror, that you did that to yourself.

I hope you can stay strong. :hug:
  6. Metallica*Melinda

Metallica*Melinda Well-Known Member

I used to have craving like that and I ended up cutting my neck and my face, my face on 2 seperate occasions... they arent huge scars but people still ask me what happend... DOnt do it, its there forever, at least on ur arms, legs, thighs, etc. you can cover it up... but on ur face its public brodcasting.
  7. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience, except on my right forearm. After two years the scar has not healed and as a result I can't go out in public with a short sleve shirt on without getting wierd looks.
  8. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

i made small streaks up my inner arms quite a few months ago and the scar on the left arm remains. people still ask about it..i never should have cut where everybody could immediately see..
  9. crashing-down

crashing-down Member

I have a friend that cut her neck ear to ear and it was only because paramedics lived next door that she survived. It was a 2nd failed suicide attempt for her but now things are looking up in her life and everyday she has to wear a scarf to cover the reminder of those horrible times. please try to stop thinking these thoughts, these scars are not something you want to live with for the rest of your life:mellow:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.