fantasising

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by meagainstme, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

cant stop thinkin about overdosing.
    i can feel it now.
    ive been planning it. planning what to say to people before. im even thinking of breaking up with my gf and everything just so i can be alone to do it.

fuck.
    help.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I can relate to this so much.

But you can fight that urge, you don't have to OD. There are better ways to cope with things.

It would be sensible for you to tell someone what you are thinking and feeling, preferably a professional, but also possibly your g/f so that she can help you.

Hang in there and keep fighting.

3. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I've contemplated ODing on a number of occasions. It can lull an individual in to believing it's a relatively painless death. The last statistics I read showed that the majority of OD attempts fail. Two reasons: People vomit them back up, and medical practitioners are adept at stomach pumping (which is a dreadful experience).
    I can only say what helped relieve my own mental anguish. I envisaged failing at the OD attempt, and subsequently imagined living with brain damage, or some other hideous side affect.
    Give it a few days first. You owe that to yourself. In the grand scheme of things, a few days is negligible, so you have nothing to lose.
    Good luck.

4. TwilightKid

TwilightKid Well-Known Member

U have your girlfriend so maybe u can talk to her about how u are feeling? Maybe she can help u with some advice or something?
    Anyway dont act on an impulse, its always bad to do so so please reconsider this! U are not alone at this!

5. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Just refreshing this thread to see how trapped88 is doing today. mike25

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.