Fantasizing about being other people

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dunbar, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

Hello, I can't stop fantasizing about being other people, or made up people who are amazing. i can spend the entire day watching vids of people, like sportsmen, or famous people etc and pretending its me in the vid and i am people i know watching the vids and seeing me in that possition. Also i play squash mainly alone, like go hit a ball at a wall for a couple of hours and pretend im playing in a big cup game and people i know are watching me. Idk, its kinda sad but it gives me a high. Just my life sucks so i pretend and when i come back to reality i can cry for hours.

Im pathetic

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun you are not pathetic and who doesn't want to be someone else at times I am glad you get out and enjoy yourself hun keep busy keep active ok and try hun to keep positive hugs

3. Psych77

Psych77 Well-Known Member

I'm with eclipse - do what makes you feel good, until you can learn to feel good about your real life. It takes a lot of work to learn to love your life, and in the meantime, you need a break sometimes. Using your imagination is probably better then just watching TV like a zombie - which is what I do (at least I limit the amount of time).

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Sounds like there's too much focus on "fantansizing about being others" - rather than being who you want you to be.

Have you any hobbies other than the squash? Being who you want you to be is better than trying to be someone else - it rarely works and this is more an end result - reality sinks in that it's not you and you get upset - so as it doesn't seem to work for you - maybe it's time to try a different approach?

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I can relate. A lot of times, I dream I'm a vampire king having fun with my vampire brides and killing my enemies. I have a lot of dreams. I'm a scientist, musician, artist, great lover and philosopher in my dreams.

6. Raven

Raven Guest

Nothing wrong with it, for me I spend a lot of time fantasizing, it’s a way to cope with self-confidence issues. It all depends on why you do it, and what you really get out of it, but I do not think in any way it makes you pathetic.

~Mike

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's not pathetic, sometimes I'd rather be anyone but me. But I just work on improving myself and finding what would make me happy, what I would enjoy, and why I want to be like those other people, and work towards my goals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.