Farewell

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Withdrawn, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

Good bye. This is it. I'll overdose soon, just need to find my medication...
    Hate this life. I've had enough.
    Everybody hates me. I'm a moron. I hate being a moron. I have no future. I'll end up in an institution. I know I will.

2. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

We don't hate you and who knows what the future may hold. So have a re-think before you OD it may not be the answer and death is so final. I have just logged on to the SF and I am amazed at how many people are in the same boat - myself included and we all need to scream "I have had enough", sometimes you feel so alone with your thoughts wheras in reality there are so many in the same situation. Take care Ali

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No your not a moron you are hurt confused in pain you are a person who need compassion and care and understanding All of that and more. I hope posting your pain help to relieve it some keep posting okay let us know how youare doing

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

don't do it. it is the illness speaking. you are not a moron or any other bad thing. you are just suffering and of course you want the pain to end. who wouldn't. please reach out for some help. call the crisis line or go to the ER. they will take care of you until you start to feel better. please reach out.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Please don't overdose on your medication. :sad:

6. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

This is definitely the illness speaking, don't let it win. You don't know what the future holds, none of us do. As for ending up in an institution...they say marriage is an institution so perhaps you'll have a really good one.
    You're not a moron either. You're just hurting inside so hurting yourself. It's all part of the illness, you need to speak to your doctor and get some help.
    Sending hugs,
    x

7. Withdrawn

What illness? Depression?

I don't really know if my medicines would kill me... am I brave enough to try? That's the big question.

8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

have you been diagnosed with depression? once the depression lifts your desire to kill yourself will go away. sometimes depression is not the correct diagnosis. for me, i'm bipolar. i was misdiagnosed as being depressed for a long time. once i got on the right meds there was an almost immediate improvement in my outlook.

i think you are very brave by living iwth these suicidal feelings. it takes alot of courage to not act on them. that's more brave than taking a handful of pills. OD has a very low success rate, heard that from a paramedic on this site actually. please reconsisder. keep posting. we want to help.

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I hope withdrawn is okay. :sad:

10. Withdrawn

Thank you. I'm feeling okay.
    This has been a rather good day.

Yes, I've been diagnosed with depression.

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Glad to hear that you're okay. With depression, you have to take it one day at a time and deal with the ups and downs the best you can. :hug:

12. anomalie

anomalie New Member

Okay...forgive me as I'm a newbie. But there seems to be a pattern here:
    1st poster threatens suicide...then the posts continue over several more days.

I've seen the "mental health" system. These "Hi everyone, I'm killing myself today" posts remind me of patients with histrionic or borderline personality, who cut their arms (never too deep). Then there's a "code red" and all the nurses rush out and save miss suicide for the 17th time. Is this basically a game?

Meanwhile it seems like the quiet people are the ones who actually do it.

Anyway...I'm sorry that you feel bad.

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Interesting point that you've raised. I wouldn't call it a 'game' because you never know who is really suicidal and who is crying out for attention. You have to assume that everyone who threatens suicide is sincere.

14. total eclipse

No the loud ones that cry and cry for help they too do suicide because people give up on them they get tired of trying to get help which is what they want help and eventually no one listens and they leave us Every cry for help needs to be taken seriously and heard and not pushed aside. This is not a game to them they are surviving the best way they know how.

15. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

Yes but it's hard to tell. For example, they will tell you that they will kill themselves using method X and yes they are serious about it and No, they will not change their mind.

Yet the next day, they turn up seemly without any traumatic symptoms having "failed" to conclude method X. Making you wonder if maybe this is all a game to get your sympathy. But the problem of course is that if you push them too hard, they may feel that you are "not supporting" them and thus have no reason to "stick around". It's all very difficult.

Of course, it could be because they (like me) are lonely and this is the only way they know of attracting attention and reassuring themselves that they are loved. But then I told them that I cared about them , perhaps they are just cynical or maybe that the only way they know of communicating with me.

Steven Siew

16. total eclipse

Glad to see your okay and that your depression is not as bad now take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.