Farrah Fawcett's cancer

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Farrah Fawcett's cancer special? I thought it was brutal. However, thousands of cancer patients can't afford to go overseas for better treatment and don't have the resources or time to choose the best care. It did bring to light the horrific suffering that goes along with it.

Cancer is ultimately unbeatable. It may go into remission, but it always comes back. Therefore, I definitely would take the easy way out and look for hospice care where they hopefully would ease my pain and let the illness take its course. It doesn't make sense to fight against something you have no chance of conquering.

2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

You DO have a chance of conquering cancer and a defeatest attitude towards it doesn't help... I certainly would not take the easy way out. You fight it and hopefully come out the other side. You are perfectly right in what you say that cancer is brutal - but there are treatments and often a future ahead of you :)

3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Oh, you're no fun. :robin: I thought I'd get a little PRO-SUICIDE empathy here!

4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

:) wrong place to look for that I think... especially when there are members who are desperately struggling to fight cancer... and also those who HAVE come through the other side and beaten it...

5. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Quick side note, cancer doesn't always come back.

6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Tell me, why is it that people commit suicide over abuse, addiction, relationships, jobs, personal issues, personality disorders - but when it comes to cancer they want to stay and fight?

7. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

At the moment, cancer treatments suck - not in that they never work, but that they have some bad side affects. In the future, cancer treatment could very well be an injection or infection with an artificial retrovirus. I imagine many people would fight the cancer hoping to find the pot of gold at the end of the cancer rainbow.

In other news, suicide rates are around 0.00015% That means that nigh everyone going through abuse or addiction or whatever won't go for suicide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.