fascination with blood

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by morning rush, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't know why but I have a fascination with blood. Like I need to see it, pour out of my wounds, or I need to lick it and well I noticed a lot of my poems have blood references in them....I don't feel the need to see other people's blood, just mine...

am I the only one like this? is that weird? I haven't cut in about two years but still, some times I have the need to see it...
  2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

you're not alone on that. the blood (and the scarring) are the reason why i prefer cutting above other self harm. i don't cut deep. i just cut enough for it to start leaking down my arm. it fascinates me. and when i put a tissue on a fresh cut, it's just as fascinating to watch the blood spread. i have also used my blood to write...

respect for not cutting for two years, you're doing good! stay strong. the blood isn't worth this.
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, but I still get cravings now and then...I think that it will be like that for the rest of my life...but I try really hard not to do it...

I thought I was the only one who liked to see my own blood...that maybe I was a crazy freak and no one would say anything...but I'm sort of glad I'm not alone...even if it's not a good habit to have, not being alone in this makes me feel better...
  4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

i know that feeling when i used to pick scabs and cut myself minor i used to feel so good after it was a release i felt so much better okay the other week i did cut a bit too much but luckily it wasnt serious
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I have kind of a phobia of blood, but I still cut. I kind of need to see the blood to make sure I'm still alive..don't know if that makes much sense.
  6. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

there's actually quite a few of us out there, i've talked with other people about it before but i don't remember on which website... i did put up a poem i wrote about blood once and got comments about people agreeing.
    but, i mean, blood is a part of us, it's what keeps us alive, doesn't it kinda make sense it's fascinating?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.