Fat Free Foods and their Calories

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Warm Hands, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

So I have a question.

If you were to eat only fat free foods, would the calories consumed from them be able to be stored as fat? Especially if you go over your daily 'limit'?

For example:

Say you're supposed to have 1500 calories in a day.
    A 1 cup serving of Rice Krispies is 100 caolries.

So say you eat 15 bowls of Rice Krispies....
    You've had the number of calories you're supposed to and had no fat... Could the calories you have had somehow be converted and stored as fat and/or could you gain weight from them?

Or say you have 30 bowls. You've now had double your daily intake yet still had no fat... could you gain weight from that?

....Does this make any sense?
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

You would still gain weight from eating tons of fat free stuff, yes.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Calories are calories, no matter where they come from...and 1500 cal per day is rather low...slightly more calories that are healthy foods would be much more successful...so far, I have lost 158 pounds...I was a big person to start...I eat 4-5 smaller portions per day and it seems to work well for me...J
  4. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Well answered,I was going to say I didnt know but youve figured it so its all good.

Im not on a diet.....ive just no appetite at all.Have gone back a hole on my belt in one week.Am saying that,today its now nearly 4 in the afternoon and im still in bed in my nighty and thats how its gonna stay for the rest of the day.
  5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Your body can produce most fat molecules (all except the "essential" fats which are not used as a storage form) from scratch from the base elements in the food you eat - you do NOT need to eat fat to increase your fat stores.
  6. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

Thanks all for replying.

This isn't a diet or anything I'm trying to follow or anything, it was just something I've been curious about and so I just tried to explain it using easy numbers.