Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Life is Dead, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Life is Dead

Life is Dead Active Member

Every day, I go to bed...
    Every day, I sleep...
    Every day, I dream...
    Each dream... is of the future...

It turns out I suffer from precognition... It's not the cool "look into the future" thing you think it is... It's oblivion.
    You see all of these people who don't believe in "fate" ... Is that what this is? "Fate"...? Why am I forced to look at it so much... What about MY life... I can't experience it because I know I'm just following some kind of path that I can't stray from...
    It's not like I see what happens in 5 hours or anything... it's usually months or, more often, YEARS ahead... I see the long-term effects of choices I make today...

Is there no way to stop this? I wouldn't mind if I ever had a GOOD dream once in a while... But... ... I'm just so tired of this... I can end everything at any time... But... I just want to try first...
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Apperently there is a school of thought that if "we" do not dream then our sanity can suffer, of course the things we do day to day reflect in our dreams our minds interuprt the events, suffering anexity can affect your dreams, as you tend to question each decision you make, also feelings of hopelessness can creep into this and make you doubt in your mind what can happen.

The cause and effect of this is that:

1. you do something that day
    2. you question your decision believing the negative
    3. This goes into your dreams
    4. You believe this is going to happen so much, that sub consciously you make that happen.
    5. Because you are doing this the dream appears to have come true.

Something like CBT therapy can help put in place coping mechanisms that essentially help you understand more your thought processes and how you deal with things day to day, is it something you have considered looking into?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.