Fated or in our own hands

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Gypsy_Girl, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Gypsy_Girl

Gypsy_Girl Active Member

Would love to know about the opinions of members of the forum...

Do you believe life is fated as in whatever we do or what happened has been decided by fate? Even our success or failures?
    Or things are within our control. Whatever the outcome is the outcome of our doing?

Maybe one would like to share more on this?
  2. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I only tend to believe in fate when things are going well.
    So I probably don't really believe in fate.
  3. Gypsy_Girl

Gypsy_Girl Active Member

I personally feel and a couple of people also good or bad its all fated and pre-destined. When you were born good or bad, succeed or failure its fated. If your life was fated to be a failure, everything which you do would be in vain....
  4. jay1985

jay1985 New Member

101% agreed Gympy Girl!
  5. jay1985

jay1985 New Member

woops i mean Gypsy*
  6. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

My magical thinking makes me think fate exists (I also have really really boring prophetic visions that come true). I'm an atheist, and it's kind of weird to have these two categories of thought at the same time, but there you have it. But yeah, I believe in fate, and to some degree, it absolves me of stuff...then again, I still think everything's my fault. I think I'm being punished for something I did in a past life--it's the only way this all makes sense...I'm rambling. I'll stop.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know...I mean I think some things are beyond our control, but mostly we can direct the way we want our lives to go.
  8. Gypsy_Girl

Gypsy_Girl Active Member

I believe life is fated in all. Sometimes people tell me you are the cause of your own suffering.. or you have choices in life is a matter of what you choose and what you want to do with it Well if i am given limited and not so good choices or sometimes even no choice. i feel that its not really morally right and fair to be blamed if things happened..

Well as fredericks mentioned about doing something wrong in past life and paying for it now. Maybe its true just that i am really paying with my emotions, money , youth and time. Whatever it is i have already repaid so i hope that "creditors" out there would stop hounding me and making my life miserable..

If we could work and plan things to turn out like how we would expect then i think suicide forum would have been closed down as everything is in our control, all things would go right and people would be happy.. some things is just beyond control and dictated or bestowed by fate..I would like to think although i believe life is fated from cradle to grave all the things we do, our success and failures, people we meet .. Or maybe its karma we are paying for from our past lives?