Favorite Characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claus

Hey all! Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where else to post it!

Just had an interesting question for the members of SF. I felt it could be interesting and fun to ask...so I will go ahead and say it. :)

Who is your favorite character from any/all media? There can be multiple, maybe make a top 5 if you can't decide on one, but I would love to know why they are your favorite.

Also, what character do you feel fits you best out of any? Who is most like you of every character you know of? Are any of your favorites like you? If so, which one, and why?

I will start off by saying...I can't pick just one! Although, my top two are pretty cemented into place...the rest are changeable I feel, but they haven't really left (?) my heart in a long time so I put them on my list.

Soooo... my top five:
  1. Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi): I feel she is the most like me of any character I know, but she is my favorite because she overcomes so much despite who she is...and what circumstances she comes from. She's so strong to me, and I always wish I could be that strong too. Major coping character. I definitely see a lot of me in her, and vice-versa.
  2. Takumi (Fire Emblem: Fates): Gosh, another character so much like me. Although, he's not nearly as strong as Shion--or even as he makes himself out to be, but I like that about him. He sometimes doesn't even pretend, and just breaks down. Such a realistic character, and I really relate to his struggles.
  3. Homura Akemi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica): Her struggles struck a cord with me...I really like PMMM a lot too. I can't write much without being like the first two to be honest. I notice a lot of my tastes come from, "who is edgy like me?" XD
  4. Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates): A lot of people hate Corrin, but I really love Corrin. Corrin...good. One of my friends said I'm a lot like Corrin too. Which, I kind of see, but at the same time...not really. XD I just like Corrin for some reason though. I think it's because they're a customizable protag and I can basically insert myself through them lol.
  5. Yuno Gasai (Mirai Nikki): I can't put my finger on why I like her so much, but I relate to her character quite a bit. Not as much as the first two, but to a point of where I connected with her. I just really liked the series she was from too...so that helps. xD
My honorable mentions are: Claus (MOTHER 3), Xander (Fire Emblem: Fates), Proto Man/Blues (Mega Man), Husky (+Anima), Silver (Pokemon), Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)...can't think of any more I have/had a deep connection to, but I'm sure I'll remember after I post this. XD

I just notice for some people, a lot of their favorites are like mine--and that their favorites are a lot like them...
hence my questions!

I am really looking forward to people's responses. :)

Reaver

Wasting away
I'm gonna have to go with the origin of the name that I like to go by for this.

So, one of my older brothers wanted to create a little bit of clan-type thing on Xbox and so we all had to have the same prefix for the name but we would choose what we want for the second half of it. I couldn't think of a name because I'm terrible at it, so he was going through some suggestions until he said reaper. I was like "Ehhh..." but then I remembered one of the games I was replaying at the time called Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver which I loved playing. Reaver sounded much cooler to me than reaper and so I used that for my name.
...Anyway, the protagonist of that game is Raziel and I always found his design and voice so cool. I always preferred him over Kain, so I'll have to say Raziel is one of my favourite characters.

If I disregard all that and pick a different character, I'd have to go with Reaver from the Fable series. I've always been a fan of the old English fanciness that he portrays so well, especially with Stephen Fry as the voice actor. I would say I'd like to be like him, but he's actually kinda evil so I wouldn't want to be exactly like him.
And yes, he did add to the reason for picking this name :p

Claus

I'm gonna have to go with the origin of the name that I like to go by for this.

So, one of my older brothers wanted to create a little bit of clan-type thing on Xbox and so we all had to have the same prefix for the name but we would choose what we want for the second half of it. I couldn't think of a name because I'm terrible at it, so he was going through some suggestions until he said reaper. I was like "Ehhh..." but then I remembered one of the games I was replaying at the time called Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver which I loved playing. Reaver sounded much cooler to me than reaper and so I used that for my name.
...Anyway, the protagonist of that game is Raziel and I always found his design and voice so cool. I always preferred him over Kain, so I'll have to say Raziel is one of my favourite characters.

If I disregard all that and pick a different character, I'd have to go with Reaver from the Fable series. I've always been a fan of the old English fanciness that he portrays so well, especially with Stephen Fry as the voice actor. I would say I'd like to be like him, but he's actually kinda evil so I wouldn't want to be exactly like him.
And yes, he did add to the reason for picking this name :p
That's a pretty cool story!!
I actually go by Claus and another online name, and all my online friends know me as those. :) So I had to list Claus of course, because I feel he is a big part of me...but the top 5 are more of a part of me because...well, I don't know for sure, but they're imbedded into me xD

I never heard of Legacy of Kain though? What system is it for? Maybe i'd like it. :O It looks pretty interesting from the pictures on Google, but I am confused because I know nothing about it, or what's what. XD

Never heard of Fable either...wow though. Reaver's hat is very classy. I like it a lot, and his design over all is pretty interesting. :)
Don't worry. Shion is pretty evil in her own arc and everyone is so afraid because I say I'm just like her...XD I am though!! The lengths she goes to...I FEEL THAT... I will fight anyone who says Shion is a bad character, because they must of just missed everything that happened in the series to have missed how awesome she is! Seriously though, all the characters in Higurashi are pretty great, but Shion definitely has my heart.

I really do like your name on here though. It's pretty sweetXD! Reminds me of Reaper, which I thought it was at first....thanks Overwatch. xD

Claus

You mean anime?

I like himura kenshin from samurai x ^_^x
I didn't mean just anime, although, most of mine are from anime I notice lol.
I just mean any series over all. Games, anime, TV shows, books, cartoons, comics...anything that you like basically! I know people relate to a lot of different characters so I was pretty curious to see who and why. :)

I've heard of that guy though. That's a pretty classic anime that no one really talks about anymore. Always thought about giving it a shot, but psychological horror rules my heart...and it's hard to interest me in things that aren't overly edgy for some reason lol. I'm sure you can tell that from my favorites though haha. XD
Really awesome choice though, but who do you think you're most like? :)

Reaver

Wasting away
I never heard of Legacy of Kain though? What system is it for? Maybe i'd like it. :O It looks pretty interesting from the pictures on Google, but I am confused because I know nothing about it, or what's what. XD
There's a few games in the series, but it started with Blood Omen on the PS1. I never played much of that one though so I don't remember too much about it. The other games are on PS1 and 2 and I think all or most of them were ported to PC as well.

Never heard of Fable either...wow though. Reaver's hat is very classy. I like it a lot, and his design over all is pretty interesting. :)
Fable was only ever on the original Xbox and then the 360, I believe, so that could be why. Reaver's classy style was definitely one of the best parts of him though, for sure :D

Don't worry. Shion is pretty evil in her own arc and everyone is so afraid because I say I'm just like her...XD I am though!! The lengths she goes to...I FEEL THAT... I will fight anyone who says Shion is a bad character, because they must of just missed everything that happened in the series to have missed how awesome she is! Seriously though, all the characters in Higurashi are pretty great, but Shion definitely has my heart.
Ah, well, I haven't really heard of any of the characters you listed except Corrin soo... I'm clueless with this :p
I might just have to check out this character in particular ;)

I really do like your name on here though. It's pretty sweetXD! Reminds me of Reaper, which I thought it was at first....thanks Overwatch. xD
Thank you :) I didn't think anyone would actually like it. Maybe just find it weird and that's it, so that's cool :D
I'm not as edgy as Reaper... usually.

Claus

There's a few games in the series, but it started with Blood Omen on the PS1. I never played much of that one though so I don't remember too much about it. The other games are on PS1 and 2 and I think all or most of them were ported to PC as well.

Fable was only ever on the original Xbox and then the 360, I believe, so that could be why. Reaver's classy style was definitely one of the best parts of him though, for sure :D

Ah, well, I haven't really heard of any of the characters you listed except Corrin soo... I'm clueless with this :p
I might just have to check out this character in particular ;)

Thank you :) I didn't think anyone would actually like it. Maybe just find it weird and that's it, so that's cool :D
I'm not as edgy as Reaper... usually.
AH, I had the Playstation 1, but it was when I was so little that I hardly remember it. I just remember my dad playing Tomb Raider (and sucking at it) and (me) playing Little Miss Spider. XD

OHHH that's probably why I never played then...I had the old Xbox's with the really big chunky controllers. We had 3 I think and they all got the ring of death...then we never got another.

Reaver is a really cool name. I really like his style too x)

Corrin is the least liked protag of the Fire Emblem series...from probably the most hated game. xD Of course a hunk of garbage has to be my favorite game...-peace sign-
Shion is from a series called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, or in English, When the Cicadas Cry/When they Cry....so good. The visual novel is better than the anime and the manga though. Shion and Satoshi belong together...that is all I will say.

I think a lot of people like it. If you ask me--it's one of the cooler more interesting names on here. I mean, I like some people's names on here, but some other one's just make me wonder...I won't name any names though, but I just worry for the people who have really self-depricating names in particular.
Dude...I could literally be Shadow the Edgehog...I give someone a glance and they are cut on my edge...lol...NO NOT REALLY, but I am kind of edgy I must admit.

WHO IS EDGIER, Reaper Overwatch or Shadow Sonic.....FIGHT.
...to be honest......Sasuke Uchiha is probably on their level of edgy...I can't decide who is edgier though out of all of them though. This is tough.

i really love sora from kingdom hearts. it's my favorite game and he's just such a happy, optimistic person. i wish i could be like him or knew someone like him. i'm more of a riku myself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$175.00
Goal
$255.00