Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by absolution, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Im not sure if this has been done before...but i want to know your favorite quotes :D

I have a few :unsure:
    I think my favorite is
    "to the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world"

Or a fun one
    "in my world everyones a pony and they eat rainbows and poop butterflies...ahhhhhh"
    sorry hahaha

whats yours? :unsure:
  2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

"If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain" - Morpheus, The Matrix

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure." - Agent Smith, The Matrix

3. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

"So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as well act like one and throw your hotel television out the window." -Gerard Way

'Hey girls, you're beautiful. Whether you're a size 32 or a size 18. As long as you're a good person. As long as you respect others and yourself. Don't listen to those fashion magazines. Hey girls, you're beautiful' -Gerard Way

:giggle: Then again, I just love Gerard Way, so I guess he's the only guy I'll quote. :laugh:
  4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

"I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men,
    but yet sets less value on his own opinions of himself than on the opinions of others. " - Marcus Aurelius​
  6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

awesome guys :D keep em coming :D
  7. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

i had a notepad full of quotes, but i cannot find it. :(

Everything will pass, and the world will perish but the Ninth Symphony will remain.
  8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

«So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?»
    - Christina Aguilera

«I'm so smart now. Everyone's always like 'take your top off'. Sorry, NO! They always want to get that money shot. I'm not stupid.»
    - Paris Hilton

«I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman»
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

9. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

The original epic pwnage.

"Would to god my rage, my fury would drive me now
    to hack your flesh away and eat you raw --
    such agonies you have caused me!
    No man alive could keep the dog-packs off you,
    not if they haul in ten, twenty times that ransom and pile it here before me and promise fortunes more--
    ...Not even then will your noble mother lay you on your deathbed, mourn the son she bore. . .
    The dogs will rend you--blood, and bone."

The warrior Achilles (in Homer's Iliad) says this to the slain and begging Hector, suffering before him, begging Achilles not to mutilate him, but to give him the dignity of having his soon-to-be dead body taken decently back to his mother and wife in traditional honor for proper burial. Achilles says FUCK YOU (the above quote), and dragged Hector's decomposing body in circles all around town through the mud and rocks for... forever. Hector was completely deprecated. But yeah he ends up getting a proper funeral eventually. :laugh:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
  10. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Rather be hated for what you are than, loved for what you are not.

Can't remember who said that :S
  11. “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”
  12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

«I've never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don’t like eating fish. And I know that's very popular out there in Africa.»
    - Britney Spears

«I'm not anorexic. I'm from Texas. Are there people from Texas that are anorexic? I've never heard of one. And that includes me.»
    - Jessica Simpson

«Is this chicken what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says Chicken of the Sea.»
    - Jessica Simpson

13. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

"Humans are cowards in the face of happiness." -anonymous
    From the movie 'Kamikaze Girls' ~ very recommended.
  14. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Dare to dream the impossible, because only the impossible can inspire you to greatness.
  15. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

"We are two halfs of a whole idiot" (cant remember who said this)

"You twat! Can't you see these people have got no money? They can't even afford new furniture! We've got the guns, whats the matter with you? Everytime we do a job, you have to go burning people's feet, whats wrong with you? " Dean (lock stock)

"What is it Lambert? - three stikes and Mission failure?"
    "God damn it Sam - this is no video game" (Lamabert and sam talking at the start of the second mission on Splinter Cell CHaos Theory)
  16. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

"Love is like a booger.. you keep picking at it until you get it.. then wonder what to do with it! " :blink:
  17. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

"Reaffirm your faith in fantasy;
    believe in guardian angels and beautiful wee fairies at the bottom of your garden...
    Then remember you've killed them all with a weed whacker..." by Kaz Cook :unsure:

"If you disagree with somebody, make you feelings known.
    Use positive reinforcement, such as;
    "You still wouldn't have a clue, would you?".......Kaz Cook
  18. plates

plates Well-Known Member

19. plates

plates Well-Known Member

lets take the first bus outta here, lets take the first bus outta here, lets take the first bus outta here, lets go!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.