• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Favoritism in the work place

Hello,
Just supper overwhelmed with work. Im a bill collector and I do pretty well with it. Ive done a different types of collections and customer service call center type jobs. I feel like everywhere I go there is always favoritism and it's never towards me. In my current position, there is an employee who is allowed certain permissions others do not get. By this I mean she gets to come in an hour early before everyone, not clock in and is allowed to scavenge the system for the high paying accounts to work during the day. When she cant find any i see my manager give her lists of accounts to work that are big balance. Shes constantly top on the board. It makes everyone else look bad when she's at 10,000 and everyone else is barely at 3,000 on a daily basis. 🤬🤬😡 Just frustrated and needed to vent. What is your experience with this in your work environment?

the.end.ish

Misknown Member
Hello,
Just supper overwhelmed with work. Im a bill collector and I do pretty well with it. Ive done a different types of collections and customer service call center type jobs. I feel like everywhere I go there is always favoritism and it's never towards me. In my current position, there is an employee who is allowed certain permissions others do not get. By this I mean she gets to come in an hour early before everyone, not clock in and is allowed to scavenge the system for the high paying accounts to work during the day. When she cant find any i see my manager give her lists of accounts to work that are big balance. Shes constantly top on the board. It makes everyone else look bad when she's at 10,000 and everyone else is barely at 3,000 on a daily basis. 🤬🤬😡 Just frustrated and needed to vent. What is your experience with this in your work environment?
Hey, I think we spoke a bit in chat the other day. I've experienced favoritism in the workplace but never to the extent it unfairly increased someone's bank account. Not sure how it works in collections, but that seems illegal and possibly like an issue to bring up with HR? Maybe I'm talking shite. Or maybe you'd rather lay low. Either way that's a bunch of shit and I'd be pissed too.

its gonna be hard to prove to hr. Thier in a different state all together. The manager isn't gonna agree to it. Everyone sees it and no one says anything. Plus since shes a favorite if i make a claim against her management can turn and find a reason to let me go. Illinois is an at will state and they can fire me whenever the please. So prolly better to suck it up and wait for karma

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
I have been both bypassed and welcome by favoritism in the workplace...bypassed because it was a that guy is a weirdo, but welcomed in that I have always been considered the person who knows things and gets things done, dual sword with it for me.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yes, favoritism always has existed in my workplace. I have a far worse problem than favoritism though. I am talking about people taking advantage and leapfrogging over me because of my deafness. Favoritism sometimes gets me on equal ground but not as much as I would like to be at just to be equals. I see it as an advantage for myself JUST to even the playing field. I have a huge leverage in the job because I am one of the very select few that actually knows what they are doing and clean up after others diasters in the making, usually sent in when shit hits the fan as of late since being promoted OVER for a dumb boss that even still to this day asks me for advice, nope not anymore. I just do the bare minimum make sure everyones safe and go home safe.

Have you asked the manager if you could come in early like her and not clock in and see what happens?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00