Favourite god/semi-god.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Krem, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Who's your favourite god, and why? (Please, please, PLEASE, nobody do "GOD is my favourite god, for he is the one true god" or anything along those lines. They ruin the point of the topic.)

Mine is the Ancient Egyptian god ḏḥwty, also known as Thoth.

To sum it up-- He was Neutrality, learning, understanding, and creation. He was the ultimate scholar, the ultimate judge. Without Him, there would be nothing. He birthed Ra, Atum, Nefertum, and Khepri.

His titles were, among others, "Scribe of Ma'at in the Company of the Gods," "Lord of Ma'at," "Lord of Divine Words," "Judge of the Two Combatant Gods," "Judge of the Rekhekhui, the pacifier of the Gods, who Dwelleth in Unnu, the Great God in the Temple of Abtiti," "Twice Great," "Thrice Great," " and "Three Times Great, Great."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
  2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

interesting topic, but i have far too many that i like, and all for different reasons. i'd have to go with hermes, though, if i had to pick ONE... just because. okay, that ain't really much of a reason but yeah...

3. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

marduk, amen-ra or enki, i think 2 of those maybe the same one.
    i'm gonna get screwed when i go to hell:unsure:

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I like Osiris.

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm a big greek gods fan...I love the twins artemis and apollo

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Nataraja...the Cosmic Dancer, because it goes with the flow of life, up or down and just plays in this world. It is also an aspect of Shiva the destroyer of ignorance so an added bonus

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

meh... Chuck Norris, for sure.

8. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

:laugh:

9. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

Bah - Leroy Jenkins could kick his ass

10. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i'm actually partial to the Flying Spaghetti Monster

11. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Possibly Azathoth.

12. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

hahah =D

but seriously, Perun, Slavic god

13. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Aphrodite. Because she had what I want. :lol!:

14. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

Simon cowel! He has real power in the modern world unlike all the other gods! Hail the all omnipotent!

15. White_Darkness

White_Darkness Well-Known Member

I have a couple. Some of them are still walking this weird planet, some of them are (hopefully) watching over me from somewhere.
    Their names? Oh..
    Pete (Doherty), Carl (Barat), John (Lennon), George (Harrison), Ian (Curtis), Eric-Emmanuel (Schmitt)... :)

16. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

"Oh, I'm gonna be SO FUNNY and list actual people and claim they are gods! XDDDD!!"

17. White_Darkness

Yes, because I don't believe in God the way he/she/it is perceived in the judeo-christian faith (nor the way gods are perceived in the polytheist faiths either). Jesus was an actual person too, according to Christians, and people think of him as a God, yet there are no actual evidence of him ever existing, so why shouldn't I be allowed to have my own gods when the only thing I believe in is music?

I rest my case.

18. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I like Zeus because he had a mad beard and threw lightning bolts from the heavens. How cool is that?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2010
  19. White_Darkness

then maybe you'll like the nordic god thor as well xD he's like their answer to zeus xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

20. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb that you've yet to read any other post in this thread. Go on. Read them. (And with more effort than I believed I had, I managed not to call you names.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.