Favourite Place

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by NoGood, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

What is everyones favourite place in the whole wide world????

Id have to say a lil place in Ireland that has a big lake and noone ever goes there. Its got a jetty going out a lil and a bench. I could sit and watch the ducks all evening :)

2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

St. Andrews on the east coast of Scotland. I always feel calm when I'm there.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

right now it'd be my flat and my bed there

5. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

My room. It's my safe place, my sanctuary.

A close second would be Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon, which is the largest independent bookstore in the world- I could just get lost there for hours on end, it's wonderful. Or just Portland in general; it's a beautiful city and I have a lot of fond memories of being there.

6. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Hmmm.....The Coffee Bean. I love caf├ęs. I also love Canada, because I like to travel.

7. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

My room.

8. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

My sister's house in Basingstoke (AKA - Amazingstoke!) as it's so peaceful and relaxing there. We always do fun things, too. :smile:
    Having said that, I absolutely loved Helsinki in Finland, so that comes a close second.

9. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Actually im changing my favourite place :)

My favourite place in the world is behind the wheel of a car :)

10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My bed next to my kitty... at least when the blanket's not shocking us both. D:

I don't have many choices for where I get to be since I experience severe pain if I'm not lying down. :\

11. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

The shower... I love the shower I could spend all day in there......

12. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Oh man, me too. I especially love the sound of the running water. Blocks out everything else. I can just escape into another world.

13. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

exactly.... :mort: XD

14. jp_bl_68

jp_bl_68 Account Closed

I like Amsterdam. The people are friendly, it's got the charm of a small town with all the advantages of a city. I might head back there in the new year.

15. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

There was a little tavern on Victoria Street in Auckland that I frequented when I was there. The wait staff were nice, business was slow, and I would just sit at the bar for hours doing the beer curl and shooting the shit.

Soyoson Mountain in Korea is also wonderful, as is Osaka Jo-Koen park in Japan. Both are very peaceful.

But I think one of my fondest places was the Arizona desert in the evening. I would go running then, and then it was just me and this great and wonderful expanse of land that stretched out forever in every direction. When the sun got low in the sky, it looked like the entire desert was painted this wonderful shade of red.

It was somehow sad, but it was a good sort of sad. I miss it.

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My bedroom :D This is my homeeee!

17. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

Canada, and the Colorado Rocky Mountains , the air is so clean and breathable up there.

18. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

A lot on my couch lately...

19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know about favorite place everywhere, but there's a nature trail around here that's really serene and beautiful. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.