fbi profiler talks about cho

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by run4fun, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

says that it was cho was bullied because he was anti social. i was bullied and it wasn't because i was anti social.
  2. on my own

on my own Well-Known Member

no offence but I dont think bulling/society is the problem.

you have any idea how many kids get bullied all over the world? millions. how many do things like this? one, maybe 2 a year. what does that say? I was bullied for years by other kids cuz I had trouble learning how to read (for the people who dont know it yet, I have dyslexia), all the time from age 6 to 16 people kept picking on me. yeah, it was hard. but did I pick up a gun and started shooting random people? nope. and there more kids like me out there than kids like him.

what does that tell you?
  3. run4fun

i'm not saying that the bullying was a problem. i'm saying that the fbi profiler said that people who are bullied deserved to be bullied.
  4. run4fun

after my bro committed suicide. at the funeral, i saw my martial arts teacher smiling on the other side of the window. a week later, he yelled at me like never before. and the other teacher was so speechless, he wouldn't say a word to me while closing the school. my kinda girlfriend made fun of my bros death over the phone a two weeks later. then one of the students said the master was gona kick my ass. and then started staring me down at the next testing. then a white man, white woman and mexican woman complained that he only yells at the minorities.
  5. on my own

in some cases, people can do a lot about being or not being bullied. sometimes it's just random because the kid is different in some way. that can be for everything.

but I know a girl that gets bullied really bad, but she could solve a lot of her problems by being less annoying and actually try to make friends. guess this is an exeption though.
  6. run4fun

i was teaching for free. i never acted anti social. i never deserved this. one of the students said i'm too nice and give benefit of the doubt that is why i'm screwed.
  7. on my own

I don't know, it's always the nice people being picked on for some reason
  8. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

It's because of the jungle-law in schools, "only strong survive". Silent kids who want to live in peace are bullied. They can never have their revenge, they can never insult bullies feelings the same way. But if they still want to, only way is to bring guns in school.

There should be own schools for idiots where they could bully each other as much as they want/all the fucking time because it gives them so orgastic satisfaction.
  9. 1up

1up Member

word...but i believe it's the parents to blame too.. immature parents who don't teach their kids manners or respect end up having them grow up to be douchebags
  10. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

Your point? My cat is black. Does that statement mean that all cats are black? Stupid example, but people are bullied for different reasons, I don't get what point you're trying to make.
  11. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I think he was taking it that they were saying that anyone who is bullied is bullied because they are anti-social. Think run4fun took it too literally on the general front.
  12. at my school , im bullied because im the second smartest boy in the class. that intimidates alot of boys in my class. they think that i constantly have some kind of leverage over them. i am more powerful than them in terms of i know people in high places that can do things. i have "political power" in school. in simple terms im a bit of a teachers pet. they also bully me cos i hang out with girls who are significantly smarter than them. it hurts them deep down. i know it
  13. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

Mental illness is not a result of bad parenting. That guy was freaking nuts and no member of the family could predict that. Many nuts that kill folks have a pretty normal family. Then they kill folks and all go "but he seemed so nice". The only person to blame for those deaths is the shooter........no one else. People have to stop blaming everyone and everything else for their problems.

This will sound harsh but many of us on SF are intelligent enough to know what we are doing, feeling etc. If we spent as much time on finding ways to get better as we do sulking and blaming everyone we might be better off. I am as guilty as anyone here. I wallowed in depression etc and I still do. But I do not blame my problems on parents, therapists, meds etc. If I want to get better, the only person that can make that happen is me. Thanks
  14. Nelka

Nelka Member

Whenever you have a senseless tragedy of this magnitude, people from all walks of life will jump in with their theories.

The moment this story broke out there were experts on tv trying to sell the answers. Some of them blamed the media and violent video games. Some of them blamed family values or access to guns.

There are always gurus out there who want to simplify and package our problems. Few things of this nature are easily explained or categorized.

Cho was a mentally ill guy. He may have been bullied due to his anti-social behavior, but as others have pointed out this is not the one and only reason people are bullied. The reasons why anyone who bully another person is endless.
  15. Freddy

Freddy Guest

Besides bullying. I think Cho might have also suffer from social anxiety as well. Feeling being pushed around, making public reports in class, forcing to talk to others by teachers just makes it feel worst and creates alot of resentment. I think the reason why he wore sunglasses in class was because he wanted to avoid eye contact with others and to keep a low profile. I personally hate attention and try to avoid it.
  16. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Bullying is a big problem even if it only hurts the people getting bullied. Its disgusting to me and it needs to be stopped. It should be made a crime like assault.
  17. paranoidxe

paranoidxe Well-Known Member

Yeah it could also be solved if the bully accepted her for who she is rather than try to change her into someone she isn't.
  18. Freddy

Freddy Guest

I think some bullies do it because they are emotionally weak and cowardly & prefers to pick on someone who cant defend himself. They somehow get off on feeling "powerful". I agree with others they are repundent.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.