Fear of getting injured - what causes this? Is it allodynia?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Uri234, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uri234

Uri234 Active Member

Ever since I was young, I have this panic fear of getting cut, burned or injured.

Because in the last time I was accidently cut by a sharp object the pain was very very severe, it's like my cells were screaming like a 10,000 watt light bulb.

The pain was very severe and it definitely felt like a 12 on the The Numeric Pain Rating Scale:

http://www.rehabmeasures.org/PDF Library/Numeric Pain Rating Scale Instructions.pdf

The problem is that the fear of getting injured really interferes with my normal life and prevents me from leading a normal life like normal people do. Also apparently normal people do not have this panic fear of getting injured like I do.

And this fear of getting injured really interferes with my quality of life and prevents me from living a normal quality of life like normal people do.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing my panic fear of getting injured and what I can do about it?

Maybe I have allodynia or maybe fibromyalgia?

What is allodynia

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

A fear or panic is usually a phobia (like Agliophobia) , though it might be in part due to a pain tolerance issue. Some would call it common sense, though perhaps it is a little too prevalent with you if it interferes with daily life and can be addressed with therapy like most phobias....

3. Uri234

Uri234 Active Member

By therapy you also mean drug therapy or just physiotherapy/physiatry?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

just counselling or psychotherapy usually, but I am not a Dr so if they were to say something different I would listen to them....

5. Uri234

Uri234 Active Member

Some people told me that it could be that I'm a biochemical blob so that really explains why I'm so afraid to get injured.

What I don't understand is: being a biochemical blob or whatever I am, does it mean I can practically live forever?

Because I had this nightmare where I'm the only surviving human on this planet and everyone else is dead and that I have to struggle on this planet on my own with no one to help me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.