Fear of hell

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Regenesis, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

I'll make this short,since I am in a hurry.
    A few years ago,my sister killed herself because of the fear of hell.I am atheist,but I also had the fear of hell(this can be a mental problem).After I have read all the bible books and saw atheistic/deistic debates,I decided that I will become atheist.And I know that science and atheism debunks christianity in almost all areas.Even so,there is a church in Jerusalem that easch year,lights a fire that does not burn the skin and hair for about 30 mins.
    And science can't explain it.My parents and other atheist friends told me it is just a hoax,even if science can't explain it.I am very sure it since,since peopels like Chriss Angel can't be debunked also,but everyone knows they do scams.Anyway,this video made me think again if there is a god or not,and the fear of hell takes me again.Until 1800,the classic view of christianity was taht 90% of peoples go to hell,a place were you burn alive for eternity.Today,the view has changed,and god is a merciful god that takes most of humanity in heaven.But because the bible can be interpreted in many ways,I cant escape the fear of hell.
    I want to make one think clear.If you want to help,dont post things like god loves me,or that he does this just to turn me to him.My only way out of it is to find some kind of evidence on how they do that(the fire).I am almost 100% sure that I wont find help here,but i must give it a try.I really think a lot about suicide now,because I cant live all my life knowing that me and all those that I love will go to hell.I better die and find out now.
    I am still leaning to believe that god does not exist,because I know how much science debunked,but if I will not be sure,I wont come out of it.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You are afraid of hell, but where are you now?
    I am not scared of hell because I am in it right now.

What do you think of heaven?

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah.

4. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

According to the bible, there's one and only one requirement for heaven, accept jesus christ as your savior. Do that, and supposevily you're supposed to go to heaven.

What do I care... I don't believe in either place.

5. GreenChick

GreenChick Active Member

This won't help, but I can really relate to you about fearl of hell. I'm sure I'm going there, if it exists...

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Regenesis. I don't believe that you or anyone here will go to hell after we die. I think hell is reserved for the truly evil people that dwell in this world, like serial killers, rapists etc. Likewise, I think heaven is the place where saints go after they die. I think normal people like us reincarnate after we die. I'm sorry that your sister killed herself over a fear of hell. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.