Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by onenineteen, Aug 4, 2007.

1. onenineteen

onenineteen Antiquities Friend

Among my many other issues, I have a paralyzing fear of rejection. I am so worried and anxious that people will not like what I have to say or that I'll be wrong that I am afraid to speak up. I'm a wallflower who's roots have been pulled up and left to wilt in the middle of the room. I fear I couldn't get help from a place like SF because I think no one would want to talk to me or be interested. Of course I truly don't believe that but it doesn't make it any easier.

The therapist I was seeing who I had free sessions with under my work program is not covered under my insurance. I can't afford her so I have to find another. I called three and haven't received any callbacks yet. :cry:
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

People are always here to listen and help.
    I'm the same, im shy, dont like to talk much to strangers, might no say the right thing or whatever. It is tough. But you have SF :)
  3. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

The thing is I am a shy person too and often keep things to myself. I feel like I express myself better with words most of the time and so I am always shy to speak up and being in social situations makes me real nervous and I often get extremely freaked out. I am always afraid of saying the wrong things and screw up but I realize it is places like SF that I can learn how to improve in this and at the same time express my true feelings. This is a place to learn to improve, cos people are here to help and wanting to be help and so everyone listens. You can talk to me if you wanna. Maybe you can try joining some support groups instead? I just hope this helps. Take good care.