fears

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by lozzie, Jan 3, 2011.

1. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

Ive just currently noticed some reoccurred things i thought hadn't bothered me or perhaps had not focused to much on. I believe something has triggered some fears lately such as being afraid of the dark- well whats int he dark- hidden people. And another fear of being alone. It might sound odd and rather pathetic but hey i just wanted to let it out. I realise in myself i have alot of stuff to deal with, and if u read my welcome ud understand me abit. Im the type on person to hold her head up high and smile. As soon as i go into my room its like it warps into a different dimension. So here i am at 1:00am in australia cant sleep cause the lights are on, but i can turn them off because.....

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I find whenever I am very stressed some of these things come out...have you spoken to someone about this? Maybe talking it out might help...sorry thngs are so uncomfortable...I truly know how this feels, J

3. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

thanks sad eyes. :)
    i do see a psychologist, and in my next visit ill bring up these things.
    in the mean time crying myself to sleep because im so scared.
    i turn on my lights and they go away. cept i cant sleep whilst the lights r on, its very frustrating when i know its not real despite the fact its hard to distinguish the two sometimes. aka: whats really there and whats not.

4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I would say I'm actually scared of the dark too(well as you say it; what is in the dark :tongue:).

For as long as I've remembered I've always slept with soemthing on my head. Or covering it. Ok that probly sounds wierd or doesn't even make any sense lol. But I used to sleep entirely uner my blanket/s, as some sought of 'protective' measure against what ever might have been around me. These days(and I've been doing this for a long time) I have 2 pillows(they're those boomerang ones) that I sleep with, I put my head on top of one and I had the other one on top of my head. So I'm sandwhiched inbetween to pillows, then I bring the blanket/s up to the pillows so I'm pretty much completely covered.

I find it hard if not impossible to fall asleep when I'm just lying there with nothing covering me. My eyesight can get blurred at night and when you're looking into the dark with blurred vision you think you can see all kinds of things. It's worse when I'm sleeping by myself, in my room. But it's been easier because I've had to sleep in my brothers/sisters room since mine has had renos done. I have no idea how I'm gonna cope if I get my own place lol. I'll probly leave a light on somewhere or sleep with a knife, haha XD.

Thought I'd just share that lol.

5. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

Thanks Longroad :)
    i sleep with one pillow up against my right side and face the other, usually i feel safe but seems to not be the case, like last night i swear i could feel something touch my face. I clenched my eyes and yeah :(
    if you dont mind me asking- whats made u so scared?

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

a night light i used for along time or a flashlight in bed with me sometimes just the light from the clock radio was enough. I hope you do get in and talk with someone about what is happening take care.

7. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

Thankyou :) I know I'll be ok I've noticed the problem so it should be easier to figure out why. ..... I hope lol
    I have a. Night light but it doesn't light up the entire room so that where I leave the ceiling light on ;)

8. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

last night i got so scared- and i could have sworn someone was touching my face :\ im really loosing it lol

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

God i have those nights too swear something dropped on me jumped into bed with me touched me scares the living hell out of me too. I hope you don't have one of those nights tonight Hugs

10. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

i hope so too- i bought a night light but it hasn't helped i means it helped me fall asleep but not stay asleep i wake up at 3 almost every morning with a freight :(