February - healthy lifestyle and weight loss/ exercise challenge...feel free to join in...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Well done @bobbob very proud of you. I'm sure the hard work will pay off. You seem to really like the Intermittent fasting, can I be nosy and ask if you have lost any weight, or still working on it?

53 BPM is a very reasonably good heart rate, you must be getting fitter and healthier. Way to go. Well done for sticking to your guns.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
As for me, well....

....I had a treat day about 5 days ago and now being strict with myself. Just had a bowl of porridge, yum :) Have had 3 perfect days in a row, now here is the 4th, hope to continue like this all the time. I have no energy or very little so i'm not doing any exercise, taking vitamins and supplements, i'm hoping if I lose a bit more weight that exercise will be easier.

bobbob

SF Supporter
Thanks Petal. Its not nosy at all to ask that in this thread. I have lost a bit which has been nice. But I might be a wee bit underweight now and so will eat more when I eat. Which wont be hard!
tc

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks Petal. Its not nosy at all to ask that in this thread. I have lost a bit which has been nice. But I might be a wee bit underweight now and so will eat more when I eat. Which wont be hard!
tc
Oh, its good you lost some weight, keep on the healthy lifestyle and treat yourself too and I hope your weight will go back to normal levels for you. Proud of you :)

Freyja

Not staff. Freyja with a j.
SF Supporter
I can definitely feel that my appetite is stabilizing as the med is leaving my body. I don't think about food 24/7. Also forgot to buy any desserts for next week, so that should help :cool: I'm taking things slowly, and as warmer days come, I'll make more salads and such.

Well Done @bobbob I'm really glad that you're taking care of yourself :) . Don't be too hard on yourself. Next time you will have a way better chocolate bar !

I can definitely feel that my appetite is stabilizing as the med is leaving my body. I don't think about food 24/7. Also forgot to buy any desserts for next week, so that should help :cool: I'm taking things slowly, and as warmer days come, I'll make more salads and such.
That's so great ! I can relate a bit to food obsession, fortunately for you it's a thing of the past :) (for me too, don't worry !)
I like that mindset, taking things slowly, step by step.

I succeeded at not eating peanut butter for one or two weeks already (can't remember...) but actually I kind of crave it... I bought real peanuts though, that was great but not what I wanted :D
I'm eating more consistently these days, lentils, red beans, rice... I'm trying to incorporate more fresh ingredients but it's not that easy
Also bought some vitamins that I think I lack (B12 and other stuff) because I can spend weeks without noticing I didn't eat anything non-vegan, so just in case, I'll take it twice a week and see if there's any effect.

Freyja

Not staff. Freyja with a j.
SF Supporter
That's so great ! I can relate a bit to food obsession, fortunately for you it's a thing of the past :) (for me too, don't worry !)
I like that mindset, taking things slowly, step by step.

I succeeded at not eating peanut butter for one or two weeks already (can't remember...) but actually I kind of crave it... I bought real peanuts though, that was great but not what I wanted :D
I'm eating more consistently these days, lentils, red beans, rice... I'm trying to incorporate more fresh ingredients but it's not that easy
Also bought some vitamins that I think I lack (B12 and other stuff) because I can spend weeks without noticing I didn't eat anything non-vegan, so just in case, I'll take it twice a week and see if there's any effect.
Thank you ;-)
Peanut butter is life, I don't know how you do it. I've been buying those huge 500g jars recently (though it takes some time to finish*happyno).

Ooh, it's nice you're making efforts to be vegan. I am completely vegan myself, I was taking B12 some time ago, but when I tested it, the doctor told me to take less of it. It's certainly necessary to take B12, although you shouldn't feel its effects. It's really worth to make at least a blood test to see what you need, taking too much vitamins is not that good either ;) I'm currently only taking vit D3 cause I was a bit insufficient in that, that comes from the sun.
Good luck on your vegan journey *hug

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I fell off the wagon yesterday and today but back on it tomorrow, I was craving junk food unreal. It is so tough but with everyone's support we can achieve our goals. I'm confident that I can and will get there, its not a sprint, its a marathon.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I fell off the wagon yesterday and today but back on it tomorrow, I was craving junk food unreal. It is so tough but with everyone's support we can achieve our goals. I'm confident that I can and will get there, its not a sprint, its a marathon.
That's right. Let the bad days go, they happen to all of us. It is more important how quick we can get back on track. Get back on it tomorrow and keep it up for the rest of the week, it will more than make up for a few bad days. Good luck for tomorrow Petal, we believe in you. You can make it to your goal.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That's right. Let the bad days go, they happen to all of us. It is more important how quick we can get back on track. Get back on it tomorrow and keep it up for the rest of the week, it will more than make up for a few bad days. Good luck for tomorrow Petal, we believe in you. You can make it to your goal.
Thanks so much :) I'm back on track today. Yup, the bad days will happen to all of us. Just gotta make them more isolated. I jus hope the 2 days didn't do too much damage.

Sunday16

SF Supporter
@Petal you are a champion! Thank you for keeping this topic going every month and for always offering your kind support. The holidays were just too tempting for me and I've been struggling since to get back to my healthy way of eating. It's also been a cold, dark winter and I've been craving sugary, starchy, high carb foods, which are bad for me. I'm insulin resistant and these foods just reek havoc with my body and my mind. I gained a few pounds and after going back and forth and back and forth, I think I'm back on track again. It's been two weeks. I'm down a couple pounds. I think the longer, sunnier days are helping, too, and with spring around the corner I'm feeling optimistic. Best of luck to everyone. Be strong, soon we can all head outside for nice long walk to soak up the warm, positive weather! *dance1

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
@Sunday16 Well done for losing those couple of pounds. I am in the same mind frame as you - that the summer will be nice and we can go for long relaxing walks. Well done for getting back on track again, I know how hard that is. Keep us updated of course, you can reach your goals, the hard work will pay off eventually.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Right, I said I would get back on track today and I did. I'm proud of myself for saying no to the chocolate. I'm a bit nauseated so have not eaten a lot and i'm tired so will try and get back on the exercise wagon tomorrow. I would ideally like to lose 2.5 lbs per week over the course of the next 4 weeks. That is my goal. 10lbs in a month. Let's see if I can do it :)

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Doing good or need support? Come in and update us...we want to hear how you are all getting on...
Doing good. Since getting back on track last Wednesday I have lost 3 pounds in a week and my goal for the month was to lose 4. I had a bad start for the first half of the month but surprisingly did not weigh anymore when I checked last Weds. Even eating crap was just maintaining my weight level. Now with 3 pounds off in a week I am confident I can lose 1 more pound between 21st and 28th of Feb.

cymbele

SF Supporter
Still trying to adjust to the diet. I eat well and then I blow the diet. I exercise and then have lots of ice cream. Of course, this is my first week of the diet...still I should have more discipline. As I have said in a different thread I have been diagnosed as being pre-diabetic so I have to lose the weight. I have been exercising though so yeah, I need some support but others do also.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Mostly staying away from sugar. Exercise every now and then. Meh, good enough.
That is good enough because as they say its not a sprint in a marathon and in the over all scheme of things is best to cut out 1 or 2 things at a time, well done.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Still trying to adjust to the diet. I eat well and then I blow the diet. I exercise and then have lots of ice cream. Of course, this is my first week of the diet...still I should have more discipline. As I have said in a different thread I have been diagnosed as being pre-diabetic so I have to lose the weight. I have been exercising though so yeah, I need some support but others do also.
Hiya. Do you feel you binge eat when emotions are high and eat kind of like as a comfort eating thing?
Start out small and build yourself up, that way it will be easier for you. You're only on your first week of healthy eating, there will be mistakes and errors, just don't beat yourself up over it. It will get easier with time and practice and patience.
Good luck.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00