Fed Up Of Life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by New-Hope, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

Hey, this is my first thread. I've replied on a couple of other threads but I'm generally a newbie.

Basically I'm fed up with my life.
    I'm depressed, so I'm in the process of leaving school, which my parents are really unhappy about. They're treating me differently beacuse of it.
    I wake up every morning feeling suicidal, though I don't have the courage to do it; and I don't want to ruin other people's lives by taking mine. I know how it affects other people...
    Not only that, I've stopped eating. I'm literally skin and bones now and tonight I feel extremely tired. I think it's killing me or something. I've never felt this down and shattered before. I have school tomorrow, because the teachers think "I'm making the wrong choice."
    I'm getting suicidal for goodness sake! Of course the right choice is to leave!
    My mum's not speaking to me, and I feel like no-one's taking any notice of what I'm saying anymore. I feel totally useless and physically weak.

I've got this feeling deep down that I won't wake up tomorrow...
  2. SickOfLife

SickOfLife Active Member

We're in 6th form so it's not long to go before we leave it forever.

Sometimes counting down the days till it all ends is how I cope with school. We've come this far with school, almost at the end, so no point quitting it now. It'll be worth sticking with it if it means you're close to your parents again, and you get A level qualifications at the end. Plus, unlike life which we live all the time, we get a break from school in the afternoon and on weekends.

Once you leave school, would you feel better and enjoy life again? Because if that's the only aspect of life which is weighing you down, you know that your days of suffering are almost over. You said in other posts that school's like a prison, well, your sentence is almost complete and freedom is so close. Have fun with your friends and do the bare minimum in terms of work. Then the time will fly quickly and it will be over.
  3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Please New-Hope, have something to eat. Your body needs nutrients. You'll probably feel better after having a nice meal.
  4. SoulRiser

SoulRiser Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. You should read this.

One year in school feels a helluva lot longer than a year out of school. I've been out for almost 8 years now, and it just whooshed by as if it was no time at all. In school however, I counted down the days as if I was in prison (which is almost the same thing, if you think about it).

I don't know what 6th form actually is, but if you're suicidal because of school, surely there must be SOME kind of alternative? I don't know how many of these apply to the UK, but have a look anyway: http://www.school-survival.net/alternatives.php

School isn't worth dying over. It's just some arbitrary hurdle that some people (who think they're really smart) dumped into everyone's lives and insist that they jump over it the long way. You can go around it. It won't ruin your life.
  5. Tea

Tea New Member

Dear New Hope,

I 'hope' from your username that you WILL wake up tomorrow and see life in a new way. You are young, and strong; it may not feel like it now, but you so are. Your mum needs to understand you and your feelings so try, if you can, to let her know how you feel. Its tough I know, but you cant let these feeling get the better of you.

Leaving school is necassary, if not, then we cant go to college or uni or life in the big wide!...

Your life is in YOUR hands, and its up to YOU to live it. No-one can tell you otherwise, and you should NOT give up because of someone elses feelings. Leaving school should be seen as one of lifes challenges, a test to make us really think and decide what WE want from life and what will make us happy. Mum and Dad need to understand that you are in a different generation, and that you take on board what they say, but will live it your way.

Stay safe and healthy petal! All the best!
    Tea (and crumpets!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.