Federer 11 @ Wimbledon

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Bostonensis, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

A great player indeed.
  3. StellarSparkle

StellarSparkle Well-Known Member

Nadal was awesome too :smile:
  4. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I'm from Serbia and because of tenis now i'm very proud of it. We have many young great players such as Djokovic,Tipsarevic,Ana Ivanovic,Jelena Jankovic, Nenad Zimonjic etc. Lately we have more succes than USA,France or some other greater and in tenis famous countries:smile:
  5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Glad Federer won. Nadal played really well too. It was a great final.

The only thing I wasn't happy about was the fact they didn't make the cup out of cheese for once.
  6. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

I'm so pleased with today's tennis results :biggrin: Federer winning the singles, Murray and Jankovic winning the mixed doubles...and to think all we Brits had our hopes pinned on the wrong brother :tongue:
  7. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Federer, I already crown you ,as the Rolex commercial says .I am driving with his name engraved in a stone,that I found in the river of tranquility. I will be camping outside the Bronx NY for US Open until Federer see my mementos about him.

Nadal is a just as good ,I just can imagine the loss but he will come back with vengeance.

I google Wimbledon't & I found the words that describe the passion in this sports. This thread is funny.And if I may add I think it is also the precision of tennis among others.

I recently rationalised *why* I love watching sport - I'm a narrative junkie, and sporting competitions are great narrative events. You've got to get in at the start and devote your time to it all mind, doesn't work if you just dip into it. But sit yerself down at the start of Wimbledon and follow the story of it - it's brilliant.

When I watch a game, I do not od other things except natural call of nature other than that ,I am gone. They can have a fire next door I can care less.
  8. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Did you guys see Margaret Thatcher during the Women's semi.She sit with the crowds ,like she wants to say I am no different like the others. I thought it was cool.
  9. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

And what kind of cheese does it is supposed to be made of. In the US,we have Land Olakes, Kraft ,generic kind,Cabot etc... I hear you say but these are manufacturer's of cheese. Bottom line : Its their cheese unlesss you made a homemade.
  10. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Federer was asked yesterday what he thinks that Bjorn Borg is watching & he is his idol. His answered was; I appreciate everybody who are here today. What a product of a brilliant mind. The mindset of every tennis tennis player.

My beef tho that Nadal was left there while Federer is savouring his victory & Nadal is seems to be there into so much agony of defeat. It is cruel & troturous they should have let him go right away. I did nnot like this in Wimbledon. Unlike the Olympics it is different.

And Nadal was not allowed to change from his sweaty clothes to received his award.

And shouldn't you think that The Championships must be limited to two consecutive Champs,to give way to others the challenge.After one ,I would retire.

11. corral

corral Guest

i was happy he won.
    Nadal is good too but he has won enough too and will more too.
    they both are the best.
    Federer is a cool man! :) cheers Roger
  12. Serbia is indeed very good in tennis, as well as in other sports.

Jankovic, Djokovic and Ivanovic. Their average age is 20, and all 3 are in the top 5.
  13. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Me thinks we all knew who would win wimbledon this year lol not such a big shock.
  14. Bjorn Borg was 25 when he won 11 GS, and 5 consecutive wimbledons. That's exactly where Federer is today. He should beat Sampras record of 14 GS. But, not necessarily.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.