feel bad

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ouroboros, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

i donno why right now is particularly bad but it is.. I think i have body dismorphic disorder.. basically i'm obssessed with checking my reflection in the hope that it will have improved.. constantly comparing myself with people in real life and on tv.. i will actively look the people up on tv to see how old they are and compare them to myself.. its on my mind pretty much 24/7 and I don't know how to make it stop. I don't think that appearance is the most important thing in the world.. i don't wear make up.. in fact i am a tomboy and general just like messing around outside.. and no one has ever said anything bad about my appearance, in fact the opposite so I don't know where this came from.. but its been with me for about 3 years now.. it really grinds me down into the ground.. i don't think i can explain how distressing it is, what i see of myself is horrible, I look at myself and i am filled with a dispair so powerful i wanna rip out off my own body but i can't, i can't escape it and i can't escape the thoughts.. it doesn't matter how many times someone tells me its all in my head and not true, i don't believe them because what i see tells me different. I'm really tired of feeling this way, it hurts so much, I don't know how much more i can take of day in day out this being me, its taken over so much, i used to be housebound because of it and on my worst days i still am, meds have helped some but not enough and its getting worse again. I just feel so trapped by my own mind. I hate myself so much. I can't stand being in this body. LET ME THE F*CK OUT!!!!!! dbhefrrrrrhefbhvfvjkfvwejfrhbwfeiu

2. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Could you bring up to a psych or gp that you feel that you *could* have this...Obviously we arn't the experts and dont know for definite, there could be criteria for another disorder that you fit better, but you could bring up the topic to them? And then they may understand (to the best of their ability) how you are feeling a bit better, and know how best to help you cope. :hug:

3. :hug:

see a dr for a proper diagnosis.. Take care and hope to talk to you in chat room soon..

4. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

yeah, i feel stupid asking them about it though, i have been for a while i am never told a 'diagnosis' just given meds and seen a few people. i am on meds that are used to treat this anyway and on waiting list for CBT. These are how it is treated anyway so i still have to wait on stupid waiting list regardless. i want to stop thinking about it. I would give so much for one day without feeling this. ijust want to hide away right now, and if i am not allowed to do that then i don't want to be here anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.