Feel Betrayed

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Tmacster1, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I feel betrayed because someone I trusted called the cops on me... I was venting out to people I trusted about the depression and suicidal thoughts I was having because of the loss of my two friends, and one of them who I considered a part of my family called the cops on me. I don't know what this person said on the phone to have the cops come to my home. But, I ended up getting admitted to a mental health for the first time for my depression and it was somewhat traumatizing in away. I went along with it because I didn't want things to get involuntary because I don't know what was said. While the cops didn't seem forceful in saying I had to go I said yes because I had nothing to loose by going. Because I needed help and for some reason when I was at the ER the choice was already made for me to go to a psych ward. This happened last Wednesday... All I can say is I hope I never wind up back in a psych ward again - always have been an outpatient.
  2. ScarlettHurts1990

ScarlettHurts1990 Active Member

That must have felt very bad to be betrayed like that! I do have to say that perhaps the friend's intentions were not bad or to harm you- if you were talking about committing suicide, they did the right thing. This person would rather have you angry with them than to see you get hurt which is, in a way, very noble. I would forgive them. You would rather see this person alive than dead, right? They were probably just really worried and concerned. I have been in the psych ward myself and I admit that it is an overall extremely traumatizing experience that I wouldn't wish for anyone. No wonder why the suicide rate is highest right after discharge! The hospital meds you up but they don't prepare you for real life and what to do surviving with mental issues in society. Overall a fucked up system.