Feel Better After Attempt? Anyone

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by downunder, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I did another attempt last night. Overdose. Obviously it didn't work because I am still here. Suffered no major effects either. Nobody knows, my husband just thought I was sick and unsteady on my feet from overdoing things.

People at work giving me a hard time and also an anniversary of a death in the family.

Today I feel really happy and have felt like this in the past after other failed attempts.

Was wondering if other people feel like this after attempts.

2. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

yah, there is this weird sensation of relieve, warmth after my first failed attempt back then but it didn't last long certainly.
    hope that things will get better in your favor :smile:

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

nope. after my last attempt i just started planning straight away for the next one. thankfully, 4 months into treatment i don't feel quite so bad (with a few relapses along the way).

i think it's time to get some help. i can't remember, i know you had supports around the workplace but is there anyone else you can talk to about how low you are feeling? no point fighting this alone.

4. downunder

I have people bullying me at work at the moment. One guy is going around telling people I am incompetent.

5. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

After my first attempt I had planned my second one as soon as I got out of hospital but after I failed on that second attempt I felt like it was a sign that I was not supposed to go yet and felt like I had to make the best of my situation I felt great but only for a few days it past and now I feel exactly the same.

6. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Prove to him that he's wrong.

Tell him straight out that he is wrong.

Keeping everything in won't help. Try telling the people close what is actually happening. We are all stronger together then apart.

7. downunder

Have told people at work and they say I am not the first one he has this too. I asked how the last person handled it and they said she was in tears and just went out for a smoke when it got too much. I mean what type of as#$%ole would try and get to someone when they are already down, and it is the anniversary of death in their family?? My whole work place knows about it.

8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

there are jerks everywhere, and i'm truly sorry he's harassing you.
    are you in a big company? can you report him to HR? clearly you are not the first person he has bullied, but what he is doing is unacceptable. totally, 100% unacceptable.

9. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Meh. I took a bunch of painkillers last night and the only thing I've got is an upset stomach. If anything, I just feel kind of numb; it's more along the lines of "oh, shit, I'm awake AGAIN."

So I guess I'll just get showered and go to work.

10. downunder

My after effects are that I have the runs but only when I eat something. After I eat a little while later I am at the toilet and it comes out in a rush. So I know I have done some damage to the lining of my bowels. Hopefully should heal up by itself without seeing a doctor. Will have to watch what I eat as well. I consider myself lucky as I could have damaged myself much worse.

11. aquila

aquila Member

At first I felt terrible and just wanted to do it again and better. Now I feel some relief. It's like I hade so many feelings and so much pain inside I had to let it out, it feels just as if I killed some of the pain. It almost feels empty, like I emptied myself from all feelings. Really weird. I think maybe I'm just blocking out all bad feelings and it all will come back very soon...:mellow:

12. downunder

Now I am throwing up again. My husband is very suss and is trying to get me to see the doctor, but I don't want to be sectioned.

13. peach333

peach333 Member

A month or so ago I tried overdosing and afterwards when i ended up just getting really sick i was thankful to be alive. I haven't had any thoughts of suicide till recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.