Feel devistated

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadcat, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Am in crisis –
    Feel terrible.
    Posted on a support group (another site). Tried to be a help to some one.
    Another member came on and posted that my post was too forceful, and unfair.
    I think my post may have been too strong.
    The initial post asked for suggestions. I gave a suggestion – but it was very strongly stated.

My immediate reaction to the negative reply was to erase my post - which I did.
    I also wrote the person who replied a personal message stating I had removed my suggestion.
    I also left that support group.
    I feel suicidal – very strongly !
    Almost left that support site entirely.
    Wanted to delete everyone who was a friend on that site – over 400 people.
    Feel devastated by this – very strong feelings.
    I realize now that my reaction is way over the top, as was the person who criticized me – but it is not changing how badly I feel.

Please help me .

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sorry that someone was harsh to you, but I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes things I say can be taken the wrong way too, but I always mean to help people, and I'm sure that's what you were doing. Maybe this will be a better site for you to post on, because mostly people are friendly and accepting here. I hope you don't hurt yourself...you seem like such a nice person.

3. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Two things are upsetting me -

One - that I came from an extremely abusive family, where I was harmed.

and Two that I am taking medicines that make me extremely suicidal when I become emotional abot anything.
    and right now I am extremely emotional with the thought that I might have harmed anyone.

I am very upset.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Is there a way you can contact the original poster to apologize for any upset and explain what you meant? That might help both of you to feel better.

5. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

You didn't do anything wrong. One thing to remember is that you don't know the state of the person who criticized you. He may have been depressed, angry, hostile, suicidal.... there is no way to know. His response to you and perception of your post would be colored by his own state of being. Don't leave that support group because you have obviously (400 friends) been there a long time and built relationships. Keep coming here too.

6. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

The original poster was not upset with me.
    It was another poster who was upset. Spoke with them and they said they were already angry with me from a previous time.
    I think they are just upset because we have opposite opinions about the issue in that thread.
    And I do not think that anything in this world will ever make them be not upset with me.
    I did tell them they were upsetting me .
    Their response was that I should not contact them any more.
    But they remained aloof and critical.
    Even so - thrashing it out has been some help to me.

Thank you for helping me.
    Am still badly ruffled, but not nearly as bad a I was before.

7. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Just saw annie's reply.

Want to thank you both...
    I am feeling a lot better now , and I did not take any xanax to help me over this.
    This sort of problem has been a problem before.
    This was very bad for me.
    But I am begining to feel a little better now.
    I agree that person is in a very bad place and will never come back from that place.
    YOu two have helped me to come back to this pace of kindness and warmth.
    Thank you so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.