Feel empty and worthless

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ghost, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost

ghost Member

I have no motivation or enthusiasm to do anything, there is no point me trying to achieve anything in life, because when i die it will all have meant nothing

and i already feel like i have died, all i feel is anger and i can't help it, even when something good happens i feel bad all the time

it seems so pointless to live the same day, everyday until i die of some random illness, or someone kills me, or if i ever get to old age and die.

although i'm nearly 21, and been unemployed since i left college because i never gave a fuck about life, i just play computer games so i don't have to think about how shit everything makes me feel

but my dad has died quite recently and it made me think about life and what it means to me, i'm sad to have lost my dad, but i think the past few years i've just been a shit son and hardly saw him because i hardly had any motivation to leave the house, and now i just don't have any to bother trying to live, but i am afraid to die in pain so i don't try something if it would fail so i'm not sure what i will do for now
  2. belle

belle Member

hi ghost. I'm sorry you've had such a hard time recently. Losing a parent at your age is awful. There's nothing wrong with you feeling bad now.. it's normal. That you had an difficult relationship before can make that harder. And that you sound like you are/ were depressed before makes this so difficult for you.
    the lack of motivation etc. I guess all I can say at the grand old age of 29, we don't always know what we want and we do lose motivation. sometimes we look to drugs to help us cope, are you drinking alot smoking dope to help cope with these feelings?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  3. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

is there anything you like other then playing games on a computer? like outside?

maybe basketball , or football, like conserts, etc perhaps fishing? have you ever tried to go out and enjoy some things like that or at least try it.. you like games, ever entered into a competition?

i know what its like to lose a parent.. i lost my mom to cancer when i was 15 and i lost two people who seemed just like dream parents to me.. although they are not physically dead but they are to me because they left and they knew what i felt about them, so if you want to pm me sometimes you can. i am usually here a lot... i would be glad to talk with you about some things that i went through and am going through and maybe we could help each other?? please dont blame yourself for not spending time with your dad.. i was only 15 and never even got to truly know my mom...

hope you get to feeling better :hug:

i am only a pm away if you need to chat about anything..
  4. Old_Man_Kensey

Old_Man_Kensey Well-Known Member

I m the same age and feel the same...Look, feeling angry takes up a lot of energy , it means that a part of u is still alive i think.I don t have a damn clue on how to make u feel better. Maybe u need vaccation, it might cheer you up and provide you some of the energy and motivation you need.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.