Feel flat and unsafe

Lily16

Been feeling this way for a little while but today it is a whole new level. Can’t concentrate, feel flat/numb but can’t reach out. I am on medication but it is not helping at all. Feel hopeless.

Marilyn1962

Been feeling this way for a little while but today it is a whole new level. Can’t concentrate, feel flat/numb but can’t reach out. I am on medication but it is not helping at all. Feel hopeless.
Hi Lily, I'm also dealing with work related stress. I know how hard it can be, some days I really struggle to function and I mess up a lot, I think it's due to my anxiety. What is it about work that's making you stressed?

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello Lily

This may not be the case but sometimes medication can actually cause a numb/flat feeling.

May I ask what you are taking?

KindaOtiose

Hi @Lily16. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

Sometimes medication needs adjusting or altering so it can have the best effect. As Angie says above, sometimes the medication causes that flat-effect, however if you don't think the medication has done anything, it might be worth getting it reviewed. If you think your medication needs reviewing, reach out to your doctor.

Hang in there. Sending hugs *brohug.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Try forcing an emotion. Everyone has emotional triggers stashed away, thing they know make them cry (even guys, though we dont admit it freely). There are a couple of film and TV moments that make me weep like a baby, and some music that tugs at my heart-strings. If you can use something like this to force yourself to feel what I call "Soft Heartbreak", that heartbreak from a TV show which you can sob about and then move on, you will likely feel better after that release.

Lily16

Hi Lily, I'm also dealing with work related stress. I know how hard it can be, some days I really struggle to function and I mess up a lot, I think it's due to my anxiety. What is it about work that's making you stressed?
I have been put on leave due to a suicide attempt in October and I will have to be reviewed by an independent psychiatrist before any return to work is possible. I have used up almost all of my leave and soon will be on leave without pay. I am worried about my future even though told I still do have a job. I keep feeling like I have only one option.

Lily16

Hi @Lily16. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

Sometimes medication needs adjusting or altering so it can have the best effect. As Angie says above, sometimes the medication causes that flat-effect, however if you don't think the medication has done anything, it might be worth getting it reviewed. If you think your medication needs reviewing, reach out to your doctor.

Hang in there. Sending hugs *brohug.
Thank you I will do that

Lily16

Sorry that you're going through this Lily

Do you want to say more about what's going on at work?
Thank you. I love my job but it is very stressful and even more so with Covid this year. This combined with other things in my life led to me having a breakdown and suicide attempt in October and I am now on indefinite leave. I feel so worried and stressed right now whenever I think about it and pretty much numb in regards to everything else. I can’t seem to do anything and now I am sick too physically.... I am a mess

Lily16

Try forcing an emotion. Everyone has emotional triggers stashed away, thing they know make them cry (even guys, though we dont admit it freely). There are a couple of film and TV moments that make me weep like a baby, and some music that tugs at my heart-strings. If you can use something like this to force yourself to feel what I call "Soft Heartbreak", that heartbreak from a TV show which you can sob about and then move on, you will likely feel better after that release.
Thank you. Yes I do have triggers but am a little sick of crying because that’s all I was doing at one stage. Feeling numb means not having the intense highs and lows I feel when not feeling numb.

Marilyn1962

I have been put on leave due to a suicide attempt in October and I will have to be reviewed by an independent psychiatrist before any return to work is possible. I have used up almost all of my leave and soon will be on leave without pay. I am worried about my future even though told I still do have a job. I keep feeling like I have only one option.
It's an extremely tough situation to be in, but the most important thing is your health, and if being on leave is alleviating the suicidal thoughts and helping your mental health I would stick to it. Although I know without pay sometimes that's not possible. If your employer has said your job is safe then try not to worry. I hope all goes well and we're always here for support

I am in the same boat. Almost identical. I attempted and now off work. My psych told me off today saying I need to help myself and I don’t think I can. I’m not lazy I just have no emotion or energy. Message me we can chat

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00