feel like a different person

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by feathers, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

when I get depressed, or suicidal or just feel empty, i feel like a different person. it's like, i don't like the people who are close to me, like my boyfriend just angers me and pisses me off and is useless, and my best friend is just annoying and i can't stand him, and i say mean and horrible things that I know at the time I shouldn't be saying, but I just don't care. I'm mean even when they're trying to help and they're only saying nice things. I don't deserve their help.

Then I wake up in the morning and I don't remember the horrible things I have said. Like if I have been texting the previous night I have to read through my texts to remember all the horrible things that I have said the previous night.

is this normal? is this just depression or something else?

Kaz x
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I've noticed this, the more depressed/anxious I get the more uncaring, snappy and basically a shit I become!
    Think this maybe because you have too much on your plate/mind/life, to have any energy left for the little things of life.
  3. xfootballer

xfootballer Member

I'm the same way, when i fall into one of my funks i'm a completely different person than i am other wise. I don't care about anything or anyone, don't want to see my family, don't really want to do anything except lay in bed and think of ending it all
  4. Matrias

Matrias Active Member

im similar, changes each day randomly, can usually tell after the first hour im awake if its a good or bad day.
  5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I do this too, and I hate myself for it.

Well, I remember it.
  6. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I ahte not being able to remember what I've said, and I have to read back through it and feel like a horrendous person for saying things I can't even remember saying, that I can't believe I have said. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.