Feel like giving up

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Lazarus70, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Lazarus70

Lazarus70 Active Member

I keep trying to move forward. I'm spinning in circles, trapped in a whirlwind. I can't find a full-time job. I need to support my wife and son. My training is in teaching. The skills don't transfer to any other types of jobs. I've tried.

Applying to jobs triggers anxiety and depression and suicidal thoughts. This has been going on for months. I feel a little more dead every day, too tired to cry anymore, just more resigned to the end. Only my son keeps me alive another day.

I need ideas for careers or jobs for former teachers....I'm at the desperation point where I'm applying to Wal Mart and Starbucks and temp agencies.

2. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

@Lazarus70 , please listen to me. I really feel like you need to go the ER and get the help you need. You are not going to be doing anyone any good in your current mental state. I care for you, I want you to be safe.

The career part will be there when you get out, the way you sound, you have to ask yourself. Would I hire myself, in this current mental state?

Your son needs you.

You have to take care of yourself, before you can take care of him.

There is no shame in getting the help you need. You have been through a lot in the past two weeks, you are highly stressed and you are in a lot of pain. Please go to the ER and get help.

3. alphonso

alphonso Member

How about tutoring or corporate learning and development. You can work for a educational supplier. Or how about teaching teachers to become teachers it sounds strange but you never know. Or depending on what you taught maybe a museum educator. Hopefully this can give you some ideas or even new ones I know how it feels being out of work for so long. Stay strong my friend.

moxman likes this.
  4. Lazarus70

Lazarus70 Active Member

I'm okay. I'm trying to ground myself and use the strategies my therapist taught me. I'm taking each moment as it comes. I may have found a data entry job where I can work from home. We'll see if that goes somewhere.

moxman likes this.
  5. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Ok my friend , I wish you the best

6. Lazarus70

Lazarus70 Active Member

Thank you for your kindness and compassion. You have helped me a lot.

moxman likes this.
  7. Lazarus70

Lazarus70 Active Member

I'm still scared but I'm able to ride out the feelings and let go of them....

moxman likes this.