Feel like giving up...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by RainbowChaser, Aug 26, 2007.

1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

I'm never going to be what people want me to be...

When I was younger I was "too serious"... Now I'm not serious enough... Do you think I want to be like this? My head is never gonna get any older than this weird 11-14 year old thing it is. I'm never gonna have a 'normal' level of maturity for my age because of how things have affected me.

I'm never gonna be thin, but maybe I can deal with that. I'm never gonna be pretty, but if you think that I'm gonna plaster my face in make-up to make you happy, think again. You might not think I should do that with my hair, but it's my hair and not yours. But you know what? I feel like giving up and just let you decide everything for me, cos the '14 year old' part of me can't keep fighting everyone like this, and the '11 year old' never learned to stick up for herself.

So I'll let everyone else take over, and neither the 11 or 14 year olds will be here anymore. Just my 20 year old shell.
  2. Robin

Robin Guest

Why do you have to fight everyone? I think maybe you feel guilty for not living up to the standards you have super imposed on everyone, maybe they just realise what you don't want to admit to yourself that you are deeply unhappy and offer advice on what they think will make you happy. I don't know, maybe, maybe not, but unless you're happy with yourself you will never be good enough for anyone else because you will feel they judge you with your standards.
  3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

You should never be waht people want you to be. You should just be you and if those people can't accept that then they are not worth your time. :hug:
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Sammie. Be yourself, if people don't like that, then they aren't worth your time. (Which is exactly what kellz said, but oh wells. :eek:hmy: ) Here anytime. xxxx.