Feel like I really need to lose weight

Discussion in 'Appearance and Body Image' started by littlelucy, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlelucy

littlelucy Well-Known Member

I feel like I really need to lose weight. Technically, I'm considered "healthy" and I don't need to. However, I know I'd feel much better about myself if I weren't so fat. I feel so self conscious about every ounce of fat on my body. My face is fatter. It's driving me crazy. I hate my body. People bigger than me think I'm absurd for thinking I'm fat.. but they just don't get it. I don't like any bit of fat and want it gone. So, I'm working on it.

I think I just needed to rant for a minute about that lol.
  2. AsphyxiateOnWords

AsphyxiateOnWords If you're 555, then I'm 666.

I can relate. I'm where you are right now. I'm at a normal weight but just can't stand the shape of my face a lot of the time, and anywhere I see the slightest bit of fat, I just feel like can't stand it. Nobody gets why I feel this way and they say I'm insane for thinking these things, but it doesn't help make those thoughts go away no matter what gets said. So I just wanted to say I understand and you're not alone in how you feel.
    littlelucy likes this.
  3. littlelucy

littlelucy Well-Known Member

Thank you, I appreciate it.
  4. possumrot

possumrot Member

Oh boy howdy do I feel that struggle. I've been overweight all of my life save a brief two year period in which I was severely underweight after being put on adderall. Stimulants and eating disorders don't really go hand in hand in a medical point of view, but I was happy. My life is still wrecked and I'm wracked with all the tumult that comes with binge eating and purging. In the sort of society, most of us live in we are accepted at face (and body) value. People like me because I seem cheerful and happy and I'm always willing to listen but there have been SO SO many people who divulged that they were actually afraid to talk to me because of my size.

It's not like I was going to eat them.

Ahh, I'm sorry, I meant to be more encouraging. I mean, if you're an adult you might be able to see if you can find a diet doctor to prescribe phentermine. I lost 35 lbs but the down side is that it really only works for about a month or so. But combined with working out and a reduction in appetite, you might get to your goal!

Good luck!
  5. Coleslaw124

Coleslaw124 Active Member

I totally understand. Everyone is built differently so it can be so frustrating to feel fat even when other people your size seem so fit.

I'm at a healthy weight but I feel like a bowl of gross jiggly jelly (I hate my gut the most) so don't worry, you aren't crazy to me lol
  6. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

{{{{hugs}}}} You be you. That's enough.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.