Feel like my body's telling me it's had enough.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Dragon, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I have no idea what's wrong with me lately. Over the past few days my physical condition has been slowly deteriorating, leaving me with the distinct feeling that my body is just crying out for a good holiday.

Last night, I was unable to sleep until 2am, despite getting into bed at 11pm, and then I was woken at 4.30am by a disturbing dream only to have to get up at 6.45am to get to university on time.
    The night before that was much the same, only with the time I had to get up standing at 9am.

The reason I've been unable to get any sleep is that I have a persistant sore throat and occasionally a cough which sometimes becomes so violent that I end up choking. My legs ache despite having done no strenuous exercise and I think I've pulled the top of my leg, something along the iliotibial tract due to heavy limping last week because of a deep open sore on the back of my right ankle (new shoes can be murder). I have also, much to my embarrassment, gained several large, sore and rather nasty spots on the right side of my back, including one directly over my shoulderblade which makes lying on my back very uncomfortable.

All of these aches and pains combined make it very difficult for me to get any kind of sleep. I'm resorting tonight to a herbal tea recommended by my mother (as well as a can of cider, donated by my step-father).

Anyone got any ideas to combat one or more of these problems? I'm thinking of going to the doctor if they persist, but it may just be a matter of being incredibly run down.

Thanks for reading. :hug:
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

As you say - the sores really can't be helping, but maybe stress is an underlying factor? Any uni deadlines approaching / exams that you're worried about? Anything else that you may be subconsciously nervous about?

I'd imagine the tea will do better than the cider, but cider is always good :tongue:

The docs may be an idea, but I'd just say, try and relax and enjoy yourself, indulge yourself a bit - take an extra few hours off of uni work etc, just chill out. The lack of sleep can't be helping your current feeling either.. Maybe give Ben an extra cuddle or two :tongue:

Hope ya feel better soon, Fee :hug:
  3. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Well, they'll both help me sleep... :rolleyes:
  4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Sarcasm :eek:hmy: :whip:
  5. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

You love it, I know you do.
  6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Did the problems arise from the open sore on your ankle? What I'm thinking is that somehow the open sore brought on an infection, like some kind of bacteria or something somehow got into the open wound and is now reeking havoc on your body?

Seriously go to the doctors before it gets worse?!
  7. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Wow Kells I never thought of that... it was only a tiny thing. o.o
  8. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

my neighbor got one minor cut from a piece of wood on the front of his leg and it got infected and he got blood poisoning. That's the only reason I thought of that.
  9. tintin

tintin Guest

I'm thinking Shingles...

..Seen as the spots are painful and your achy. Go doctors and get checked out.

Love you big sister
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Fee you should get it checked out. If it is an infection such as staph, every day is important. it worries me that the open sores seem to have migrated.
  11. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

I should clarify...

The sore on my ankle was caused by a new pair of shoes which I was forced to continue wearing because I have no other shoes.
    I occasionally break out in spots on my back (it's highly embarrassing, I hate it) but admittedly the two I specified are very nasty.

The only thing I can't explain is the aches in my muscles because I haven't done anything to bring it on.

As for shingles... it looks nothing like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.