Feel like running away

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MaskdeMasque, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaskdeMasque

MaskdeMasque New Member

Hi everyone. Ive been feeling really down lately and feel like running away, no idea where, just somewhere else i guess. I live in england and cant find a job. I have a bit of a gambling problem too and need to find a purpose in my life. I want to run away and im wondering if anyone else has done this? I have no money and dont know what id do for food/warmth/shelter but i feel like i must do this otherwise i honestly feel like ending it all.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hard if you have no finances hun no family or friends you could move in with Can you not reach out to your community hun for help I left when i was young but i had a place to go to a purpose I suppose you could find a job first where you want to go and then move that way you would have money to live on it can be done first get some therapy hun for your gambling problem because without that sorted out you will only end up in the same place when you do move hun
  3. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Why do you feel like you need to run away, and what would running away achieve? There isn't much support out there if you do run away, councils every where pretty much turn you away, and all the hostels and shelters are pretty bunged up with people looking for housing. I know that there is a foodbank access for food, but there are criteria for getting that (or which I am not to sure on)

Perhaps addressing what is causing you to feel low would be beneficial, as living on the streets is not a fun life, and can lead to a lot of unnecessary grief and hardship.

Keep posting here, and hopefully we can help you ride through the struggles you are facing right now :hug:
  4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

running away usually can fall under the category of "avoidance" on a pretty large scale. I am not sure it would bring you the results you desire. Another thing I have heard it called is "geographic cure". But they honestly do not work. Because the person is taking their problems and obstacles with them. The kindest caring and most constructive thing you can do to really find the relief you seek is to deal with the roots of what is causing the pain. I know that is a scary thing. But really, it is how someone can really find relief and the life you would want. If you are interested, I found that there is Gamblers anonymous in UK. Here is the web site if you would like to check it out. http://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/ And would it be possible for you to find counseling? You deserve healing. You deserve a good life. You deserve to not have to run :hug: oh and by the way, welcome to this forum. Glad you are here. I hope you will continue to post !!
  5. listless

listless Banned Member

Running away is a terrible idea, unless you want to end up on the street and god knows what else. If you want to leave your town/situation, look for a job in another city so at least you could support yourself. I'd like to 'run away' from my job but it just means I'll have to go to another one. The only true freedom in our society is getting wealthy-which is not easy to achieve. And even the rich have problems-so end up killing themselves too.
  6. MaskdeMasque

MaskdeMasque New Member

Thinking about it, i realise that "running away" is a poor idea without a decent amount of money. I'm just tired of living here, i've been in the same house all my life (21 years) and it's hard to get a job atm, especially since i live in a village. I think a job might help with my boredom and gambling addiction, i generally dont think of gambling when im busy doing something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.