Feel like tearing my soul out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hazel Morse, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Hazel Morse

Hazel Morse Well-Known Member

Does anyone else get the feeling of being physically in pain at the thought of continued life? I'm in suicidal panic mode b/c of an asinine mistake I made, and there are sharp pangs in my chest, and I can't breathe properly.

I know it's psychological, but I feel as though I want to tear myself open with my bare hands.

2. othisgold

othisgold New Member

I understand this feeling completely. I tend to get this when I feel I am on the verge of a panic attack, usually caused by my own thoughts, usually bad things that have actually happened and some just worries about things that I don't even know to be true. There are sharp pains in my chest and the feeling like I am going to explode- I think it is psychological but it can be really hard to get yourself out of. I just try to focus on anything else besides bad thoughts, things as simple as counting or humming something- it doesn't always work but it helps. I know this isn't going to solve your mental or emotional underlying issue but trying to get back to calm can be a start. Are you feeling better today?

3. Hazel Morse

Hazel Morse Well-Known Member

I am better today, thank you. I'm back in my own country. Your advice is good, but it's not so much panic but guilt for me - guilt is not calmed, it just keeps throbbing away.

4. othisgold

othisgold New Member

I see, this is true about guilt. I have also found meditation helps on trying to focus on here and now, turning your thoughts away from past occurrences, but guilt is such a hard thing to try and move on from- if you figure it out, let me know.