Feel no better

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by emack54, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emack54

emack54 Well-Known Member

I have been hospitalized a lot recently after several suicide attempts. Every time I leave the hospital I feel like better for 2 days or so then go right back down the hole. Its like..i dont even know how to describe it. I am sitting here crying wondering to myself why am I still here..
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

it can take many things to beat depression, if that's what you are struggling with. it's not a clear path to wellness, at least that's what my psych tells me. sometimes we fall back a little, relying on the things that have helped us cope in the past. do the best you can. ask for help for those that are caring for you. be as honest as you can about how you feel. try everything that is available to fight suicidal feelings, until you find the combo of things that will work for you. don't give up, we'll be here with you in this fight,

3. deadpan

deadpan Account Closed

I feel your pain. I really want the same as you, to end the pain.... life seems pointless to me too. I hope things can get better, for the both of us.
  4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I couldn't have said it any better.
  5. hirondelle

hirondelle Member

Hospitals are there to scoop you up in an emergency, stabilise you and then discharge you, what happens next is up to you and your health care professionals. Surround yourself with people you can trust. Read and find out what other people have tried. There is no quick fix and after a period in hospital people can feel dislocated and fundamentally changed in some way. The way out of depression is partly learning how your psyche functions, like learning the language of you, so you can learn what you need to do get through. Sometimes it can only be minute by minute, reciting a prayer, or counting bricks in a wall (distraction techniques), or it can be 15 min by 15 mins, making a list of things you could do, ten minutes of gardening, ten minutes of housework, hanging a picture, walking around the garden, getting out of bed and back in again, don't worry about how small the task is the object is to get your mind back into more 'normal' operation. I have, when feeling well, made lists of things to do when I feel like death, sometimes it works. My friend once said to me, when i had lost my home, husband, children and friends, and was living in someone's spare room miles from where I used to live, she suggested buying a plant that i could love and care for, something I could nourish and take an interest in, and, for me it worked, it did make me feel less useless and abandoned. It was just one tiny step forward.

I hope you find the right combination of help, medical, psychological, humaness, to support you, you are in my thoughts.

Warmest wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.