feel selfish

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by icequeen, May 11, 2011.

1. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

no matter how i feel, i try to read all the forums and i feel selfish and weak that others are in more pain and it makes me feel bad. how dare i hurt or contemplate the end, when others have gone through worse...i just feel a total lame ass. i am sorry to everyone that has suffered so badly, i dont wish to undermine your pain, and i hope i can contine to support you, but please forgive me my weakness.
  2. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

please dont feel bad icequeen you are not selfish or week ive seen you helping so many people here youre not undermining anyones pain your understanding it and that means more than anything to people here
    just because others have gone through worse doesnt make you or your pain mean less then anyone elses
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Icequeen,
    You shouldn't feel bad.. Everyone has bad days..I see you replying to several threads and you are a great encouragement to so many..You are very level headed..Your kind and generous..Please don't apologise let it out.. You can't be there for everyone..Please tend to your wounds and I promise that things will be o.k. WE ARE HEAR FOR YOU...Take Care!!
  4. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

your not selfish, i sometimes feel similar, almost like a fraud for being here. i'm okay at the minute but hope that by being here when i can give positive advice and support then people will do the same for me when i'm struggling.
    please don't feel selfish
  5. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Honey ..you have been the first to post on nearly every post you are always there offering advice or kind words. No one person is more deserving than another. Problems are problems no matter the size.thank you for being such a wonderful thoughtful caring person. You are more than welcome to pm me anytime if you need to chat. xx :pinkrose:
  6. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

thank you.

i am gonna sign off as i feel very emotional right now...i find exposure therapy difficult and i try to put it into perspective with everyone here....
    which actually doesnt always work. wishing you all some calm and peace to get u through another night. take care, stay safe :hug:
  7. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything the others have said..
    your problems are just as important as anyone elses...

please keep reaching out..*hug*
  8. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

I, too, will repeat what others have said.

Pain is pain, our struggles are just that - ours - personal. No one knows what we each go through, but we all can have an idea of each others pain in general terms as we wouldn't be on this forum otherwise.

Please take it easy with your exposure therapy - its to help you, don't rush yourself though either. If you're not ready, then don't push yourself.

I hope today is a better day for you.

Take care :hug: