Feel so dumb now

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by GA_lost, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

The last few weeks I reopened an old emotional wound which occurred a few years ago. I was essentially forced out of my job due to a branch chief and a team lead. One was so sensitive he could not stand to have anyone say they wanted to leave, and the other never told me what he thought I was doing wrong but told the branch chief what was happening. I talked this all out with my T again and was left with many old feelings. To calm the feelings, I began coin collecting. Today I found out that most of my purchases were a waste of money. So now I am left with a lot on my credit card and crap coins. I feel like a fool.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your not a fool hun many people get taken in when trying to collect antiques or other articles Try collecting things that bring you enjoyment okay not because of their value hugs

3. suicider628

suicider628 Well-Known Member

You got experience, you can always get another job.

Your coins may not worth much now, but maybe in a few years!
    And even if they not worth much in money, as long they have value to you.

4. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

The experience with the job triggered a major depression in me. That combined with being an aging baby boomer, caused me to decide to retire on disability.
    I finally received the coins yesterday and was not upset with them. My only regret is that I paid too much for them.
    Thanks for the replies

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

as said hun hopefully in time the coins will be worth more i am glad you are on disabilty now though holding a job can be so stressful i am finding that more each day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.