Feel so hopeless

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by shambers, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shambers

shambers New Member

I need help but i will not reach out to family friends or anybody. i feel so worthless, have no confidence in myself and have a non existant urge to do anything with my life, bringing me to the point maybe i should end it all. i have always lacked in confidence, stopping me from getting involved in a lot of things in my life, im 28 now, i feel as though im worthless, and just what is the point in going on? i cant answer that in a positive way at all. Life is such a tough struggle, and one that i am close to ending, i cant take much more. how in gods name do u turn this around? is it possible? why do i feel this way? sick of it all
  2. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

hi :) Im sorry you are feeling so low. Its truly horrible to feel such despair and lack of everything. In a word it sounds like depression...and it doesnt sound mild judging by what you are saying about feeling suicidal. I urge you to go to your doctor. I know it sounds like a big ask but really it will help to get some antidepressants they may be able to refer you to someone who you can talk to thats away from having to tell your family if thats really not what you want, If you had a chest infection you would seek treatment most likely? this is a medical condition just a different kind .Tablets wont magically fix all but you will be surprised once you find the right medication how much better and different you can feel. I know you say you cant ask for help but i urge you to try. I wish you strength to take that step. You can message me anytime xx
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree with shadowgirl hun You can turn things around with support okay meds you can move forward you just have to take that first step call your doctor okay print off what you wrote here and give it to himor her and get on meds. I just did and i tell you what a difference hugs to you
  4. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I feel the same way- though I'm almost 32.
  5. pleasure7pain

pleasure7pain New Member

Exactly my thoughts. That is not even a question of age.

This is a chemical imbalance in the brain - that's why.

I am so done and tired too and do not really want to continue.

Even with help, I always will be that abused, betrayed, assaulted etc.. person, they just help "to cope" with it....

I recently started therapy + meds.

I totally feel you.

:sad: :sadyes:
  6. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

how'd you get your lack of confidence? was it due to external influences?
  7. Leiavalt

Leiavalt Member

- I've been pondering on that for some time myself withouth finding a sufficient answer. To be able to turn it around is all about finding inner peace, be happy about what you are/doing, etc. Its not easy. Finding motiviation to keep on going is not easy. I sometimes sit for hours and soak myself into deeper misery and realize if it continiues this way I'll end up a broken individual in a matter of few years. Finding someone you may trust is hard, and I think getting help from phychiatrists would be among the better options. I am considering that, but taking the step is a journey as well. It takes time, just as everything else.

I hope you will be able to sort out your feelings and thoughts, I cannot give you any definite answer but I will at least wish you the best of luck. And knowing there are many struggling with the same issues is a small comfort I think. Its hard to find them, but luckily there are communities like this with people that have/had gone through theese phases and can relate to your thoughts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.