Feel so shit I don't want to go into university

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anarulesmenow, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Hey started uni a month ago, course is going ok and I have made friends. Only problem- I have bipolar and I appear to be finally adjusting to being away from home and I am fending for myself pretty well so far but I just don't feel like going in at the mo. I've been to about half my lectures and I have a full day tomorrow and I just can't face it. I'm off from friday til tuesday but I just can't face tomorrow (and I have a full day). I just feel like I can't cope with going in and I don't want to fail but I just can't do it. I'm ok with staying here and eating and everything but the study stuff just feels so high, I feel so depressed.

I have been drinking a lot (which is a problem) and in my first week I drunkenly sent an email into the uni's counselling page because I do feel that I need some help. Woke up the next day thinking 'shit' because I'm so shy and so scared of going in and I keep getting voicemails from them and they keep ringing me but the problem is it's always a blocked number and I never answer blocked numbers and never know who it is until they leave a voicemail. I want counselling but I am far too afraid to ask and sort it out and I really do not want to fail this degree but it's so hard. Like my friends and family don't get it when I say 'I can't go in', they're always like 'YOU HAVE TO YOU MUST' and I know that but at the same time something in my head just keeps on stopping me. Gahh.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Why not go in earlier and talk to a councilor ok hun Talk to someone that is why they are there hun to support the students to support YOU so use whatever help you can

Use every avenue to help you get through uni ok all the supports are put there for a reason hugs

3. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

It's just really scary to go in and the website is really crap, no idea where to actually go and I don't want to be asking around to random people asking 'Where is the counselling?'. Thanks though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.