...feel this way.

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Huw, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

What makes you think

that you can go from

one relationship to another

and feel no pain or guilt.

When you are torn apart

every time you move on

a little of you dies inside

then you seek solace

in another and then another

tearing away at your

emotional limbs until you

are numb from the pain

and crying out in shame

not knowing nor understanding

why you feel this way.

2. I love the poetry, but I'm sorry you feel that way, I really am. Honestly, I understand the feelings you're expressing. In years now gone by, I moved on from relationships that I probably shouldn't have moved on from. Years later, it still gets me down sometimes, kinda like a splinter in my shoe that just won't leave me be. Thanks for sharing though, I know that feelings like this can definitely be pretty intense. I and the others here are here for you.

3. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

I don't, "feel that way". The hint is in the first line where it says "you" not I. "You" is used 8 times and "your" once. There was a time when I did feel that way, but that ended on July 17th 1999 at 10:30am. Prior to that moment I was as close to death as a man can be. I'd been striped of everything I had and could see no point in going on. I've spent the last 17 years or 6,230 days in the discovery of what occurred and why it occurred to me.
    I started a thread on this, but it was deleted, and so I can't go into any further details.