Feeling a little hopeless today, losing some of my faith

damonlover16_99

I burned myself out working too hard and ignoring my depression and anxiety, so I thought quitting my job and moving home would be the smart thing to do, and so I moved home and it did help. I started to feel a little better, less depressed, less anxious, I was slowly working part time and feeling good about it. Then after six months a falling out with a friend throws me right back into the blackness of depression and anxiety. So okay, now here I am again, I know I can try to get out of it again, and that probably I will, but the constant roller coaster where I'm thrown back in is starting to make me think I'll never really feel good again. Like this is going to be my life now for some reason. I want so desperately to believe that peace and joy is my destiny, at least for much of my life, I know there will be ups and downs, but now I'm starting to doubt that I'll ever feel good again. I used to believe I just needed to heal certain traumas, and I think I still believe that, but as a person of faith I'm losing it. I feel so alone. I don't want to lose my faith that everything is going to be okay.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Don't lose your faith, you're not alone. And, yes you can get out of it. Everyone has ups and downs in life. But, you realize what can make you get back into that hole again. The main thing is, not to let yourself do it. Continue what you've been doing before the fallout. You're making progress. And, you'll make it.

Sorry that you've been feeling so bad
the constant roller coaster where I'm thrown back in is starting to make me think I'll never really feel good again
There may be ways that you can avoid things that trigger you, and also learn to manage the way you react when you do encounter something triggering.

It sounds like to some degree, the way you think about things may be part of what's making you feel so bad. A style of therapy like CBT might be able to help you to counteract that.

I hope you'll feel better soon

damonlover16_99

Don't lose your faith, you're not alone. And, yes you can get out of it. Everyone has ups and downs in life. But, you realize what can make you get back into that hole again. The main thing is, not to let yourself do it. Continue what you've been doing before the fallout. You're making progress. And, you'll make it.
Thank you I really needed to hear that

damonlover16_99

Sorry that you've been feeling so bad

There may be ways that you can avoid things that trigger you, and also learn to manage the way you react when you do encounter something triggering.

It sounds like to some degree, the way you think about things may be part of what's making you feel so bad. A style of therapy like CBT might be able to help you to counteract that.

I hope you'll feel better soon
I think you must be right, the thing that happened wasn't even THAT big of a deal, if I think about it logically, for it to throw me into this type of depression, I see my therapist tomorrow I will talk to her

Angel777

I suffer with relapses , I go into a stage of thinking neg about life , and myself, it’s part of my depression. Life is very difficult at times ,and is not always a bed of roses, but I won’t ever give up on trying to make life as good as i can. All I can say is that self care is vital when feeling this way , I go to a depression group which helps a lot, and take life a day at a time when feeling like this . Wishing you all the best with your recovery .

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00